Sweet spot

AJP

I spent some time this afternoon with a number of soaps, the Vulfix 404 Boadger and my Mühle Pure brush along with my scuttle practising. There were a couple of soaps i was having issues with creating a stable long lasting lather with and i decided, that others were reportedly having no problems, so it must be me.

I think i have now found the sweet spot and technique to get a decent lather from the glycerine soaps, where before i was just getting a weak one. I followed one of the tutorials from another site, and essentially start with the brush slightly wetter than i have after soaking the top of the soap for a good couple of minutes.

This even worked with the Wilkinson Sword Blue Bowl soap, which created a mass of slick lather too!! It remained stable (on my arm) for at least as long as it takes to do a pass, and the scuttle and brush lather was also of a decent quality. Now i need to see whether it does the same on my face!

Have a good one...

Sounds like you've found what works for you, if the lather from the WS soap is barely lasting the duration of a pass I'm not sure I would use it.

I sat one night and made a few batches and kept adding water till they went too sloppy, sort of taught me to recognise when they turn as it were. There is a distinct thickening of the mixture at that sweet spot, then I usually start to lather up on the face and decide if I need more water or not.

If you have cooked at all it is like when the sauce thickens and starts to look shiny, stop there.

Back
Top Bottom