Super Speed question

For some reason, I've been wondering about a Super Speed of some kind. (Don't as me why - just one of those things...) And I'm wondering this - I've already got a couple of Slim Adjustables. Will a Super Speed give me anything different in terms of shave than one of my Slims dialled in to the appropriate setting (I'm guessing set about 4-5, but am open to advice)?

Any thoughts, opinions on this gratefully considered. It's certainly not that I need another razor, I'm just curious about this - and I do quite like the look (and simplicity) of the Super Speed, and the flare tip in particular.

MandoBear said:
For some reason, I've been wondering about a Super Speed of some kind. (Don't as me why - just one of those things...) And I'm wondering this - I've already got a couple of Slim Adjustables. Will a Super Speed give me anything different in terms of shave than one of my Slims dialled in to the appropriate setting (I'm guessing set about 4-5, but am open to advice)?

Any thoughts, opinions on this gratefully considered.

Hi there,

The flair tip is gonna provide a different shave than your slim. You're right about it feeling like about a 4-5 on the adjustable setting, but that doesn't mean it's gonna perform the same as a Gillette adjustable.

The weight's different (slim is heavier), the balance isn't the same, and neither is the head design. Those things will all contribute to a different sorta feel between the razors.

As an example, the slim is a very good fit for me, while most superspeeds don't work out well on my face. Heh, having said that, I should mention superspeeds are some of the more beloved DE razors, so you'll have to sample one for yourself.

Hope that helps,

Martin

I'm in a very tiny minority here but personally I think Superspeeds are a rubbish shave, I definitely feel they've been surpassed by more modern razors. Things of beauty yes, wonderful design, yes. But if you like a close shave from an accurate razor with a touch of bite, they're not up to that job.
If you like slims already on the other hand, you may well like them. But Merkurs they're not.

I know, I know, stone the heretic! :lol:

Canuck said:
I know, I know, stone the heretic! :lol:

"Everybody must get stoned". As Bob Dylan sang.

As a secondary question, I'm kind of assuming that Rockets give a similar shave to Super Speeds, no?

I have a flairtip and an Adj. Gillette..I use the adjustable for harsher blades that I can tone down and the flairtip gets along with many of my DE blades

Back
Top Bottom