Super-Max blue diamond alternative?

Hi all, been away for a while as my stocks were really good lol .
However I'm down to my last hundred Super-Max Blue diamond blades, can't believe I picked up 600 blades for £14
I gather the company ran into financial problems and these blades may no longer be available?
Just wondering what is the latest recommendation for a blade of this performance at a reasonable price these days?
Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_20240310_174226_edit_1120182945232713.jpg
    IMG_20240310_174226_edit_1120182945232713.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 6
Wow, over 9 years since your last post!

600 blades for £14 is a pretty insane deal. The closest blades like the above that are still for sale are these.

Many thanks for the reply, yea kept away asking I spent too much lol.
Picked up 200 Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp for £15, which I thought was OK, so I'll give them a try, but I've bookmarked your suggestions above too
Just need to track down replacement for Palmolive shaving sticks and a replacement for my seconds Trumper hard pucks, another bargain at £11 for ten back in the day lol.
Bloody inflation

If you can find a retailer, SuperMax continued the Titanium under both the SuperMax and their Zorrik brands - see: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/six-weeks-in-supermax.53997/

Alas, doubtful you'll find 'em ... or a conduit by which the seller might be willing (now) to sell to the UK.

Suggestion for the (new) SuperMax Super Platinum is good - be aware, face feel will not be as smooth given these are a LOT sharper. Your purchase of the 7 O'Clock Permasharp will probably be pretty close to this experience in terms of sharpness.

I might venture the (widely available) Treet Platinum as a viable alternative to the original SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium - they're sharp enough and certainly smooth.

If you can find a retailer, SuperMax continued the Titanium under both the SuperMax and their Zorrik brands - see: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/six-weeks-in-supermax.53997/

Alas, doubtful you'll find 'em ... or a conduit by which the seller might be willing (now) to sell to the UK.

Suggestion for the (new) SuperMax Super Platinum is good - be aware, face feel will not be as smooth given these are a LOT sharper. Your purchase of the 7 O'Clock Permasharp will probably be pretty close to this experience in terms of sharpness.

I might venture the (widely available) Treet Platinum as a viable alternative to the original SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium - they're sharp enough and certainly smooth.
Many thanks for the advice, much appreciated and I'll look into your suggestions

If you like Rapira Stainless (the old pink, black and blue packs) at £4.99, Ladas Super Stainless for £5.99 or Rainbow Stainless blades, la Barbiera still has them for £3.99 for 100.
Free delivery on all orders.
No financial link or freebies from them at all. A few people on here have ordered recently including me.

You may not have tried these blades. I'd say the Rapira is medium in terms of sharpness and smoothness and lasts an average number of shaves (whatever your average might be). Ladas are as long lasting but a bit sharper and smoother. Rainbow for me was the weakest but I still got two decent shaves out of them and perhaps are more like the Supermax Stainless (the blue packs that looked a bit like Wizamet Super Iridium).

I would also give London Bridge at bigdealsmart a go. They are an excellent smooth and sharp blade and cheap for 100 or more. I got slightly above average number of shaves from these blades - typically four good shaves rather than three.

Where did you find the 600 Supermax Blue Diamond blades at that price?
Yea it was eBay, I did check but the seller is no longer there and my search came up with nothing.
Thanks to logging back in here I have managed to spend around £100 on blades, hard soaps, brushes and a couple of new DE razors lol .
So I'll probably disappear for another seven years .
I picked up 200 Gillette 7 o'clock form ebay for £14 and 200 Rapira Classic Super Stainless for £9 from La Barberia, and found a stash of 100 Supermax I'd hidden away, so good for a few years I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom