Summer Shoes

This type, for instance... tassel loafers

Excellent choice
brown_tassel_loafers_carmina_734_sadl.jpg

They are £100 what did you expect.
I was just joking my Coxx- Borba's were around £45.00 on the sale and with a Birthday discount. No, idea what their construction is. I was just putting my Ask Andy/Styleforum shoes er Hat on ;)...

No one particular method is objectively superior to any other and they all serve different purposes. Most men are best served by having one or two pairs of classic, timeless dress shoes with a goodyear welt. Along with those two pairs, a man can supplement his wardrobe with a pair or two of a more aggressively styled shoe (double monk, tassle loafer, etc.) in a blake welt if he knows he's adopting the shoe as a more trendy item. Lastly, he can afford to pick up a few more casual options with a cement sole. The rubbery sole, increased flexibility, and lower price point are great for casual kicks.

While the above list is a recommendation, it is by no means definitive. Each man should take stock of what his needs are and plan accordingly.
https://www.primermagazine.com/2014...struction-goodyear-welt-blake-stich-cementing

Exactly, my point about them being £100 is that they won't get resoled when done. They get such little use that I reckon they will do me 10 years. I'm having a polishing session today I'll take some photos of the soles and show you the wear in after three years compared to a pair in daily rotation. I'm particularly heavy on the left heel for some reason so I was quite surprised how little wear they have. Plus the have a full insole so you don't feel the stitching.

I tried a pair of Clarks Desert Boots last weekend, they were very uncomfortable. I will try the Loakes version, a pair of Chukkas, and possibly a pair of Playboys. Now where are my Persol's.

Back
Top Bottom