Summer Shirts

Hopefully Summer will be here soon, I have made Polo shirts a second choice and now have light weight shirts for summer.

Shirtings in Aertex/Leno Weave/Giro Inglese, and Voile.

zwtl14z.jpg

jmR9FBN.jpg

I live in an environment that is jungle like in heat & humidity and here's my two cents. Natural fabrics, e.g., cotton & linen, all the way for shirts & pants. Even the latest cutting edge polyester feels like snot against your body on a hot and/or humid day. Where the high tech poly blends really shine however is in socks.

I live in an environment that is jungle like in heat & humidity and here's my two cents. Natural fabrics, e.g., cotton & linen, all the way for shirts & pants. Even the latest cutting edge polyester feels like snot against your body on a hot and/or humid day. Where the high tech poly blends really shine however is in socks.
I only wear natural fabrics, so just cotton, linen and wool. I haven't found anything in bamboo, hemp or flax yet. My summer shirts are cotton but in a lighter fabric than broadcloth/poplin or a basket weave.

Hopefully Summer will be here soon, I have made Polo shirts a second choice and now have light weight shirts for summer.

Shirtings in Aertex/Leno Weave/Giro Inglese, and Voile.

zwtl14z.jpg

jmR9FBN.jpg

Superb fabrics.

I am more predictable, with cotton poplin (Thomas Mason's)... yet I too tend to wear Polo shirts more often. Comfortable and easy to wear... especially after a week enjoying a suit and all the trimmings...

Btw... 31°C here today in Madrid... It seems the summer has started...

Superb fabrics.

I am more predictable, with cotton poplin (Thomas Mason's)... yet I too tend to wear Polo shirts more often. Comfortable and easy to wear... especially after a week enjoying a suit and all the trimmings...

Ah, to have seasons and a climate instead of merely weather.

JohnnyO. O/

Superb fabrics.

Most of my dress shirts are made with Thomas Mason shirtings, I must have around 40 to 50. I have found it hard to find comfortable Polo shirts, bright colours are hard to find here too :(...

I have added a few linen shirts to the summer rotation. I am of to Turkey soon, so will give them a spin.

I have kitted out my wardrobe with new Polo shirts, but summer weight shirts are still an essential. I have a Batiste shirt from Harvie and Hudson in addition to my Chester Barrie Voile. I have ordered another two Batiste shirts from H&H.
I have also received this Panama weave from Smyth and Gibson.

DSC_9498_copy_large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom