Substitute for Swedes

I have used my last Swede and can get no more.

1. Does anyone know if they can still be bought in UK?

2. What have others moved to?

I use Feathers as an alternative - sharp enough, but not as smooth.

Your best bet for these is probably a local independent pharmacy overlooked by everyone else - or some people may have a stash that they no longer want (I've seen people selling them for £silly in bundles of 100 on B&B and TSD for example)

As for a replacement, it seems different people get different results - Iridiums and Feathers get some love, as do Gillette 7 o'clocks. I'd try Shark - to me they're like Feather, but smoother and not quite as long lived (2 shaves instead of 3)

I am trying Iridiums at the moment - in the Slant and a Gillette adjustable. Looks promising.

7 O'Clock Sharps might do it.

What are these Kais folk speak of? Cant see then at Conaught.

These were my all time favourite blades.

I have a philosophy when it comes to discontinued products - I refuse to seek out any remaining. They too will run out eventually, and then what?

Every time I use them I'll be thinking, "Boy, these blades are great. Too bad I won't be able to get them again once I've used these up..."

I'd rather find a replacement ASAP. For me, Iridiums seem to be very decent!

John

jhclare said:
These were my all time favourite blades.

I have a philosophy when it comes to discontinued products - I refuse to seek out any remaining. They too will run out eventually, and then what?

A`sensible policy.

There's a chemist opposite edgware station (NW London) which is still holding stocks and has been able to order me in around 500 swedes. (£1.50 per pack i think)

Super Iridiums are a great replacement, which out perform the swedes for smoothness and longevity in my opinion.

Thats a good price.

As mentioned Iridums are good I also like the Silver Blues and the Astras, all nice smooth blades like the swedes.

Labarum said:
I have used my last Swede and can get no more.

1. Does anyone know if they can still be bought in UK?

They sell them here but you will be paying 80p per blade for them.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.safetyrazors.co.uk/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=6">http://www.safetyrazors.co.uk/shop/pc/v ... Category=6</a><!-- m -->

£4 per pack :shock:

I have about 60 packs of these in the cupboard and thy are not my favourite they are just very consistant and smooth and I do like them but there other blades that perform equally well at a fraction of the price..... :shock:

I also have a stash of Polsilvers and other ones that went out of production, not intentionally just as I worked through my 3 sets of samplers any blade I liked I bought at least a hundred of them, or more depending on how good a bulk price I could get at the time.

Audio is close to the fabled 'blademeister' title.