stropping with paper?

Has anyone stropped with paper? If so what were the results? I've heard it gives a touch of sharpness back to a razor though it would be good to know how it would sit in alongside hone, strop and cromox.

Thats more of a temp thing til you get an actual leather and or canvas combo strop..Also newspaper is also used..I never used it due to me thinking the ink might wear off on the blade..but thats my thinking :mrgreen:

B

zig zag said:
Has anyone stropped with paper? If so what were the results? I've heard it gives a touch of sharpness back to a razor though it would be good to know how it would sit in alongside hone, strop and cromox.

Search and ye shall find: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7935&p=108992&hilit=newspaper#p108992">viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7935&p=108992&hilit=newspaper#p108992</a><!-- l -->

Speaking as a skinflint Yorkshireman, I reckon newsprint has a lot to be said for it. Notwithstanding the issue of old vs. new ink, it certainly seems to refine the edge if you use two or three layers on a hard surface - not so sure about improvising a hanging strop with it though.

Back
Top Bottom