Stretching your skin

The weekend is when I experiment with different razors and techniques. This weekend, I decided to try stretching my skin as I shave.

Usually, the only stretching I do is to lift my chin high when shaving the neck area, puffing my cheeks out for shaving the cheeks and above the mouth, and putting my tongue between my teeth and skin when shaving under my mouth.

This time, I used my hand to pull my skin taught. Result - very close shave but absolutely destroyed my skin, tons of weepers, and little pinpricks of blood.

I won't be doing that again without guidance :)

Does anyone here stretch their skin when they shave, and do they have any tips for me?
Hi Wintoid :) when pulling the skin, shave across the grain not against. Try this next time. Going against the grain is not always a good option, unless the preparation before the shave is executed properly. Shaving across will cause less irritation and minimal ingrowing hairs. Try it. Hope I've been some help. Take it easy :)

Personally I don't try to stretch 'too much'. I simply lay a finger to hold skin in place and move my head to keep skin taught. Over stretching in my personal opinion can lead to the possibility of in grown hair and irritation.

Back
Top Bottom