Straights Waiting to Arrive

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Just Pressed the Button on this Brand New Baciami Subito ML Fontani Straight Razor ..The Seller Said..Its a Special Made to Order on Request Custom Handmade Job..They have Excellent Reviews these Razors..Got this for a Good Price..Its a Unique Peace.1/4 hollow..Its Eye Candle for Sure..Check Out that Lovely Spire..
:D

All Wet..Thinkin About this Beautiful Fair Lady Arriving..
:rofl:

Billy..
:chores016:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Got this Uber Mint NOS W, Hawcroft & Sons 1/4 Hollow Grind Sheffield 6/8th Set..The Lid of the Box is Stamped Made in Germany..The Seller Reckons Late 1800s..They Look as if they Were Made Just this Week for Me..Stunning Razors..No Celluloid Scales Ere..

Mega Chuffed..
:love055:

Billy..

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Just Pressed the Button on this Beautiful Restored/Shave Ready Circa 1850 Frederick Reynolds Sheffield 6/8th + Wedge..Its Sports New Scale from Honey Buffalo Horn..As a Rule I Am Wary of Purchasing Restored Razors..But..This One is a Lovely Piece..Couldn't Resist it..Coming in from Russia..Got a Great Deal as Far as I Am Concerned from Etsy..

:char039:
..Now the Wait..
:sad038:

Billy..

So I have zero idea what I'm doing, and will probably hurt myself, but I decided I should have a Shumate because I'm from St. Louis.
So I just bought this which should arrive in a few weeks (from NZ)

Screenshot 2021-08-06 125644.png
Screenshot 2021-08-06 125722.png
Screenshot 2021-08-06 125744.png

So while pondering the postage, I asked the seller to send this bad boy as well, and I have no idea why but its Friday and we've been cooped up with covid, and I needed new shiny things.......

Screenshot 2021-08-06 125507.png

So now I need a strop and some luck.......................

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-06 125623.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-06 125623.png
    487.4 KB · Views: 1
Just arrived from Latvia, thanks Sergej :)

The quality is top notch, it's somewhere in between a 7/8 and and 8/8 ( 22/23mm) so quite an imposing beastie with a fair bit of heft, it is extremely well honed, it's seriously sharp.... it's also very well polished and the fit and finish are just spot on..

Even though it's just an effect of the light, the scales give the impression that they glow..

We'll see how it shaves tonight.. :)

IMG_20210809_134334.jpg

Founded in Austin, Texas about 1884 by Albert Teagarden. Joseph Shumate became a partner in 1895, and the name became Teagarden and Shumate. The firm first dealt in cutlery about 1900, and soon changed the name to the Shumate Razor Company.

In 1904, Shumate moved to St.Louis, Missouri...

Back
Top Bottom