Straights Waiting to Arrive

Aye..I Have One of those Timor Blue Steel Jobs..Mine is a Generous Sized 6/8th..Big Blade..Its Near Mint..Those Particular Razors Take a Superb Shaving Edge..I have Honed a Number of Em..I have to Warn Ya..Those Razors WONT Take a Lot Heat to So Called Restore Em..It Can Ruin the Temper... :)

I Use Auto Sol Aluminium Polish..Its a Cutting Paste..Works Well for Lightly Hand Polishing or Light Work with a Small Polishing Head on a Hand Held Dremel Type Tool..Dont Let the Blade get Other than Luke Warm..It Can Eff Up the Temper..Those Blades are Exceptional Thinly Hollowed But are Quite Heavy Spined..:LOL:

Other than that it Should Take a Lovely Edge if its Properly Tempered from the Factory..Which Most are..Other than That I Dont See Much Issues with it by the Photos... Its Not Mint But far from the Worst Example I have Seen Up for Sale..:cool:

Billy
That sounds good to me Billy in no rush and would like to get it shaving first but I have looked into the cold blueing process so that may be a possibility I may at some point take it to a family friend who is still a local gunsmith and see what he thinks about cold blueing just the spine and tang be a while off but it would be nice to bring it back to life and see it gleaming once again

[IMG]

My Mint Factory Fresh Bone Scaled Herder Solingen 15/16th..Arrived from the Good Auld US of A Today Thanks to @Karl G ..Its a HUGE BIG Blade..These are Beautiful Razors..I Am Over the Moon with it..Gobsmacked at the Condition & Quality Build of this Razor..Now to Get Her on the Hones..
:D

:happy093:

Billy..
:chores016:

[IMG]

[IMG]

My NOS Puma 76 Solinen Full Arrived from the Good Auld US of A Today..It Looks as if it was Made Just this Morning..Its Mint with the Factory Grease..Pic Does Not Do it Justice..Any Blemish on the Blade is Just the Bad Light..Gobsmacked at the Nick of it..A Rare Bird for Sure..These are Special Shavers..Silver Steel Job..Gobsmacked to Hell n Back..Great Price an All..

Now to Get Her on the Hones..Tickle her Nancy as We Say in Jock Land..
:happy102:

Billy..

Last edited:
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Waiting on this Mint NOS Rather Rare Single Twin 6/8 J.A.HENCKELS 10072 Arriving from Japan..I have Seen a Few Threads on these Henckels..Some think they are Fraudulent Jobs when thay have Little Intel on Em..Its a Pucka Real Henckels Factory Job..

Sellers Note..
;)

This 10072½ Henckels is an Extremely Rare "Single Twin" Razor, Doubly Rare because it is stamped "Solingen" and not "Zwillingswerk" (Which is appropriate since "Zwillinge" means "Twins" in German) ..The blade is in Mint Unused condition and have been Untouched since Leaving the Factory.. As Close to New as you can get for this out of Production, Vintage Henckels.. This Single Twin looks like it was Forged and Finished last week not Several Decades Ago..
:eek:

Lookin Forward to Receiving it & Zooming Her Around the Hones..
:happy108:

Billy.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Waiting on this Mint NOS Rather Rare Single Twin 6/8 J.A.HENCKELS 10072 Arriving from Japan..I have Seen a Few Threads on these Henckels..Some think they are Fraudulent Jobs when thay have Little Intel on Em..Its a Pucka Real Henckels Factory Job..

Sellers Note..
;)

This 10072½ Henckels is an Extremely Rare "Single Twin" Razor, Doubly Rare because it is stamped "Solingen" and not "Zwillingswerk" (Which is appropriate since "Zwillinge" means "Twins" in German) ..The blade is in Mint Unused condition and have been Untouched since Leaving the Factory.. As Close to New as you can get for this out of Production, Vintage Henckels.. This Single Twin looks like it was Forged and Finished last week not Several Decades Ago..

Billy.
Interesting Billy , never seen one without his twin before !

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sellers Note..
;)

Billy.
Beautiful love the single black Henckels badge wow looks mint

@Fergiebilly your the man, some beautiful looking SR, I’d love to be able to use one, more specifically a Kamisori. Keep up the good work.
You can learn to use one Shawn, if I could then so can you.
You will love it once you realise that you can do it. Go on give it some serious consideration :)

Paul.

Paul, I’ve tried. If it wasn’t for the upkeep I might have tried again. I only shave my head now & no way in hell would I use a SR on the noggin.
No, I don't think I would ether!
So you have a shaved head and a beard.......I expect you've heard all the joke's about that particular look so I won't repeat them! :)
Anyway, it's your head and you can do with it as you wish.

Take care bud.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom