Straights Waiting to Arrive

When I Hone My Square Tips I Round Off the Tip to Make it Safer to Use... (y)

Re rounding off the point on square tips, i'm swithering to do it mainly because it takes away the originality of the razor, on the other hand my experience with squares is dire... But again, no point keeping them in a drawer...

This is going to be one hell of a controversial first post but I have to agree with Bob and actually joined to implore you to stop rounding these pieces of history.
IMHO rounding off the tips is nothing short of vandalism. Some of those razors look seriously old yet pristine condition.

I recently acquired a very old Kamisori with a square point and wouldn't even consider rounding it. (see below)
BTW if anyone can throw any light on the blade stamp I'd love to know.

The point on it is absolutely lethal but I have simply dulled the last millimeter of the tip with a file. You can't tell I've done it by looking at it so its aesthetics remain intact but it wont cut you anymore.

PS
Those are some beautiful looking razors, I think the Bockla is my favorite.
(Also you can tell me to piss off and mind my own business and I won't be offended lol)
Kamisori Blade stamp.jpg

[IMG]

[IMG]

Just Won this on Ebay Italy...A Mint Factory Fresh Schlemper Solingen 6/8th...Just had to Treat Me Self...I Like NOS Razors..:cool:

Billy

Last edited:
Waiting for My Birthday present to arrive.
View attachment 58903View attachment 58904View attachment 58905View attachment 58906View attachment 58907View attachment 58908View attachment 58909
Heard some good things about these Osborne, Garrett & Co "KROPP" razors. Looks like a nice clean pair.
Osborne, Garret, KROPP Razors are Top Tier Sheffield Shavers..I Bought Mine a Few Years Back from Windrose as Well..They Put a Lovely Shaving Edge on a Razor..He Uses a Naniwa Super stone Progression to 12 k..Congrats..Enjoy.. (y)

Billy

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Just Got the Bid on this Minty NOS Henckels Twin Works 415 Stainless Steel 5/8th..Now the Wait as its Coming in from the USA..Got it for a Good Price..Quite Rare for Em to Turn Up in this Kinda Nick.
:D

:char039:
..Now the Wait to Get Her on the Hones..
:happy093:

Billy
Ex
Very nice, i'm actually a little jealous. One of the best vintage blades available in my opinion and much underrated by many.
I have a boxed set with strop and compartments for crox etc, nice big blades

Back
Top Bottom