Straight Razor Shave of the Day

Razor Red Imp 132
This shave with the razor after going thru the 0.1um hanging pasted balsa and kanayama strop felt really good. Is it a placebo effect because somehow after the kanayama, the edge felt smoother & keener (2 days in a row)? Managed 2.5passes without any red spots for a ccs+/dfs finish. 20220426_184025.jpg

Pre: wash with Pears
Soap: Ach Brito Musgo, courtesy of Sabre
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express synth
SR: Fritz Bracht Tennis 5/8 extra hollow round point.
AS:Tabac

The Musgo is unscented but a few strokes of a wet brush is all you need to load it. I face lathered for a lovely slick creamy yogurty consistency. It performs really well like the Mogno. 3 passes for DFS+ with one tiny transient red dot. I'm using up the Nivea and as much as it's quite good, when it's gone I'll stick to Bio Oil for all post shave prior to the AS/EdT.
20220427_083528.jpg

Excellent CjH! So glad to hear you're using your newly acquired bunch of straights and props to you for jumping in and honing them yourself. I have been using straights for about a year but also did my first hone this week after replying to your post. Very satisfying, although I also picked up a couple of cuts which might not have happened with my other straights.

Back
Top Bottom