Straight Razor Shave of the Day

Razor Thiers Le Grelot 6/8 - On Loan 1st Use!
Trying for the 1st time an on-loan modern Thiers Le Grelot...beautiful looking, nice weight & balance with a smooth and comfortable edge honed on jnats. While the kind & generous owner showed how well the edge cuts through his whiskers (I was impressed)...he's in his 30s...my older whiskers say nope... :LOL: :LOL: Managed in 3+1passes for a ccs result only. I have the owner's permission for this razor to go through the pasted balsa progression...yay! Let's see how tomorrow.
20211119_210648.jpg

Hey, thanks for your response. A 1/2 grind...no wonder. Something new to learn for me. I don't have any stones except just rely on a shave-ready edge and maintain it with the 3 pasted balsa. I was thinking about getting an affordable finisher but undecided because most are out of my affordability range...except the Naniwa Super Stone 12k (recommended in your opinion??)
Its
Hey, thanks for your response. A 1/2 grind...no wonder. Something new to learn for me. I don't have any stones except just rely on a shave-ready edge and maintain it with the 3 pasted balsa. I was thinking about getting an affordable finisher but undecided because most are out of my affordability range...except the Naniwa Super Stone 12k (recommended in your opinion??)

Hard to Beat the Current Naniwa 12 K Super Stone for Refreshing Razors..I Can Knock Out a 15 K Edge with it..It has a Higher Finishing Capaicty than its Stated Grit Rating..In My Hands Anyway..Watch My Friend Glens Low Down on this Stone from Across the Pond.. (y)

Billy

Thanks @Fergiebilly I am hoping to receive one soon from the BST so I'll watch that before attempting to get my Stiz usable. Its NOS so I'm probably going to have to go back to bevel setting. In at the deep end for a novice honer.
That Russian Razor will Need Bevel Set from the 1 K Stone & Hones Through a Full Progression..They are Not that Hard to Hone if its Been Ground Properly from the Factory..They are Nice Shavers..Even Most New Razors Need a Full a Hone from the 1 K Stone from the Factory, Including Vintage Razors.. :cool:

Billy

Back
Top Bottom