Straight Razor Shave of the Day

Fri 30 SR SOTD
Soap Cukur May Chang & Basil (Cukur means Shave)
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko Solingen Near Wedge 3rd Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + HA + Clubman Gents Gin
1st use of this locally made soft soap. The scent is what I like most...herbs? flowers? Just very clean & aromatic scent. The lather was great too...creamy and slick enough. Absolutely enjoyed this soft soap...there's more to come according to the supplier.
This is the razor's 3rd shave on a jnat edge and somehow it felt much better. It was abit more efficient too. 3+1passes for a ccs to sas result and no weepers nor irritation. Enjoyable SR session top-off by some excellent aftershaves.
20210730_104957.jpg

SoTd
Very nice shave this evening last one on the AOS TI before a change tomorrow.. the Wickhams I have the balm for too but find it pairs nicely with the zingari No1 also ! Weather has been a bit cooler today and after being stood out in the rain changing the coil pack and spark plugs on the car I decided to go with a nice warm water shave. Feeling nicely refreshed and super smooth !AE34F07A-461C-4981-922F-826C2E770CD3.jpeg

Sun 1st SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Lemon Chill
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + HA + Reuzel Wood & Spice.
Consistently good lather from Stirling soaps and this was no exception...nicely creamy, slick, and coooold!
This would be the 4th shave with this razor with a jnat edge but the 2nd after the pasted balsa strop. It was a good enjoyable 3+1passes for a better result of dfs to ccs instead of sas. The edge felt smooth and was able to comfortably cut more efficiently. Aftershaves were fantastic!
20210730_211050.jpg20210801_120802.jpg

SoTd
Really enjoyed this one..Sunday morning started with 1 1/2 hours on the weights followed by 2 enjoyable hours out on the bike cycling and finished off with some good home cooked food and a nice relaxing shave what more could I ask for ! Feeling super smooth and refreshedE714E6A6-3DE8-4EC4-AAB7-A5A001947B46.jpeg

A freshly honed/stropped Ralf Aust..
My favourite brush , even though it is a shedder.
My wife likes the "Le Pere Lucien" , the Fougere has a light, pleasant odour and it I enjoy shaving with it...
As we can see from the post above , we share the same balm, it's cheap and it works very well.

1627808147020.jpg

Mon 2nd SR SOTD
Cream Arko Cool
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + TGS Sea Citrus
Shave with the razor was uneventful but still not satisfied with the efficiency. The edge was still smooth and comfortable in 3passes+ for a between ccs to sas result without any weepers.
20210802_150828.jpg

Back
Top Bottom