Straight Razor Shave of the Day

The Ribbon 1000 today

I recently acquired a small Coticule Stone , and this was the first razor I ever honed on it , I set the bevel on a 1k , then honed on a slurry i slowly thinned and finished on plain water. it tested well after honing and this mornings shave was extremely comfortable , and the result a very good shave.

I love my Jnats but I can see this being a great addition.

View attachment 68016
Aye..A Good Coticule Puts a Lovely Shaving Edge on a Razor with Skilled Hands..Nice Change of Pace..(y)

Billy

Mondays Shave

I am experimenting with the Coticule Stone I recently acquired , a very knowledgeable friend suggested i try a little soap in the lather for the final finishing laps , and to me it has lifted the keenness a small amount , while keeping the same very comfortable edge. Got to say I am very impressed by the Coticule and look forward to trying it with some more razors.

_MG_6947.JPG

Mondays Shave

I am experimenting with the Coticule Stone I recently acquired , a very knowledgeable friend suggested i try a little soap in the lather for the final finishing laps , and to me it has lifted the keenness a small amount , while keeping the same very comfortable edge. Got to say I am very impressed by the Coticule and look forward to trying it with some more razors.

View attachment 68060
Sounds fabulous..always something of interest in you’re posts, sounds like you’re having fun experimenting with the new coticule, enjoy !

Back
Top Bottom