Straight Razor Shave of the Day

To be fair, this thread is almost more about the pics than the razors! It's edge pr0n.

I should make more of an effort to contribute, even though my pics will be off my Samsung phone. I defo don't have the time to get the Fujifilm and Lightroom out!

Coticule with glycerin? Never knew that was a thing, but it sounds like it would be good. I've just taken my Baurmann and Fritz Bracht through the progression on balsa with 0.5/0.25/0.1μm diamond: should have brought them back to lovely, but as I had a 3- pass this morning there's nothing left to test them on until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Another enjoyable shave with this razor...really liking the edge and performance...sharp yet smooth. 3passes for mixed dfs/ccs/sas results. I've finally understood why many don't do as many passes with the SR as there's really not much to shave the next day...I realized SR shave results lasted much longer compare to DE or SE, even if it's only a DFS.
20210919_110831.jpg

Another experiment with Glycerin on the Coticule , and another good result a comfortable and sharp edge.

Love it Russ, hope you’re well mate it’s good to see you enjoying the honing..going to get my gold dollar out to have a practice on later in the week and might even have a go at touching up the little Boker ! Still have a few I would like to send over to you soon..be good to hear you thoughts on testing that nice little Le Grelot 6/8 I picked up too !

Back
Top Bottom