Straight Razor Shave of the Day

View attachment 73515
This Razor was a project from Fleabay and it took 2 hours to clear the nics in the blade on the 800 stone but it was worth the time because it gave me an excellent shave.
Stay safe out there.
I have Honed a Number of ERN Solingen Razors..I Dont Usually Look Forward to Honing Em..With the Odd Exception I Have Found Em to have a Number of Grinding Issues from the Factory..Tsk Tsk..:rolleyes:

Billy

Manuslu 205 with a lovely Thuringian edge , still experimenting with the little Thuringian but have to say it produces a very nice edge.

I Find that I Get the Finest of Edges from My Escher Thuris Using it Purely as a Finisher Coming Off a High Grit Synthetic.. I Agree with Keith that these Stones are Finishers..Mines are Very Fine.. :cool:

Billy

I Find that I Get the Finest of Edges from My Escher Thuris Using it Purely as a Finisher Coming Off a High Grit Synthetic.. I Agree with Keith that these Stones are Finishers..Mines are Very Fine.. :cool:

Billy
Thanks Billy

I agree too , the one I have is not an Escher , but is a small green stone it produces a very nice edge , I used it as a finisher after a Nagura progression on a Jnat , I love my Jnats but this is an excellent addition as well, a different edge to the Jnat but a great one in it's own right.

What is the Brush like Jay?
I love the Chubby 2 Manchurian it was my only brush for about 4 years so seen a lot of use, it’s like a big soft pillow with a nice backbone..think I’ve been really lucky with this brush to be honest it’s served me really well..I’ve seen some unfavourable reviews on Simpson brushes but haven’t seen anything bad about the Manchurians myself

SoTd
Stunning shave tonight with the Pannacrema Rossa first time using the balm @RussellR5555 its very nourishing I would say comparable to other top balms but the scent isn’t strong it’s there but not like the soap that’s really strong..will send some your way soon to try for yourself performance is great but I don’t think you will be blown away scentwise it’s mildF33C8916-D596-4333-A6BD-2E4BEF38209C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom