Closed Straight Razor Pass Around

I'd be up for giving this a go. Thinking about getting a straight for my birthday at the end of March but would be good to try before I commit!
If I can get on the list I could do with some advice on how to sterilise the razor.

I've had a couple of shaves with this now.
First one, just did the cheeks used both hands, then finished up with a DE. Was ok.

Second one, just went for it. Did a full WTG pass, used both hands. Was great fun. Not close at all but it felt good to actually shave with a straight. I'd been a bit scared of them for a long time and to use one and enjoy it was really nice.

That's enough for me to know that I can definitely get on with a straight
Going to start researching what to get now.

I'll give the razor a quick disinfect today and then I can pass it on. @ajh101 shoot me your address in a PM and I'll get it sent on by the end of the week.

@Stacy555 just to keep you up to date.
I've had a quick chat with ajh101 and he's got a lot on at the moment.
I'm away next week so will hold on to the razor until I get back and send it on to him then.

I can have a couple more shaves with it too which is good

That's fine , and would be good to have a few more shaves, glad you are enjoying the experience, if you could do as you are and keep me informed of the progress that would be great.

Nice we have fast learner , not like @Stacy555

Right, @RSSO @Stacy555 I've had a bit of a 'mare this morning.
Went for my third shave with the straight and at one point I went to rinse the razor and knocked it against the dish my brush was sitting in.
There is a tiny nick in the blade near the point
I'm really sorry.

I don't think I can send it on to the next person like this, I think it needs to be honed out. I really don't know enough to say how much of a hone it needs though.

I've tried to get pictures of the damage but not sure how easy it is to see.

I will of course send it to someone to hone at my expense before passing it on. Can you advise who I could send it to?