Stainless Steel?

Nearly all my razors are nickel plated brass. I still get rust i.e iron oxide on them occasionally. Unless I have resurrected the ancient art of alchemy it has to be from the blade.

I don't see the point of removing blades as there is more chance of damaging blade or your fingers than there is of marking the razor significantly

Just leave the razor with intact blade somewhere warm and airy. If there is a little rust on the razor scrub off with toothpaste, bathroom cleaner or Peek Polish if severe

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Science is science, but I have yet to experience any form of stains or rust on my Rockwell made of 316L. Same with my Weber that I had for a long time. Both razors have seen use and abuse that should pose problems, yet none have shown.

Speaking of grades... it baffles me that ATT is so expensive and still use a low grade of SS compared to many other offerings. I know it's easier to machine, but with that price you really should be getting the best. Perhaps that's why some see rust on their razors, because it's a low grade SS?

Couldn't agree more about ATT. As much as I adore mine, I also wish they'd used the highest grade of stainless steel & also why they have designed their heads so that the ends of the blade protrude.

Couldn't agree more about ATT. As much as I adore mine, I also wish they'd used the highest grade of stainless steel & also why they have designed their heads so that the ends of the blade protrude.

The ATT Windsor line are designed to cover the blade tabs. I did buy a SSR1 but I sent it back as I wasn't impressed with the finishing.

I think 316 Grade SS is total over kill for a razor. 316 SS is Marine grade and designed to withstand corrosion when submerged for long periods of time and extreme temperatures such as Jet engine parts. How long is your razor submerged for and how hot is your water? Just saying…

Greetings Rob @Blackmass ! Was there any difference in the shave between the ATT R1 and ATT SSR1 ?
Just curious..and now I am not buying another razor hhahaha

Hi Chris,
I never got to use The Windsor SSR1. There was a mark on the baseplate, which in fairness was very small but the top cap wasn't finished off well at all. I could see lines and ridges running all along the top cap when it hadn't been polished correctly so I returned it without using it. Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help.

Cheers
Rob