St James Founders Reserve Brushless Cream

Got some for Christmas, doubtless from T K Maxx.

Didn't read the label so tried to whip it up with a brush.

Quickly realised my mistake.

Slapped it all over my chops (after a good beard-softening soak in the bath) et voila! not bad, not bad at all.

One to pop in the travel washkit and use sans brush.

I'm pleasantly surprised. Left my skin feeling nice, too. A good result.

All in all: recommended.

I just read the ingredients of the cream:
Aqua, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Parfum, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolomine, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Alcohol, Vaccinum Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Limanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Limonene, Citronellol, Coumarin.
It seems like a good combinations of emollients oils.

I thought it smelled just fine, I was just put off by the fact it was reduced from £48 to £4. :shock:

I know I know but if it sounds too good to be true...

AntDad, you can buy them in any TKMaxx in the country for under £4, or on this website.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bargainbeautyshop.com/category/11.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bargainbeautyshop.com/category/11.aspx</a><!-- m -->

Prof Blighty, thanks for the link. I started with St James creams 18 months ago when I started DE shaving, got mine from TK Maxx also. I`m in there twice a week and they`ve never had it since. Now I can stock up from creightons website, thanks. I can also heartily recommend the RSC daily face scrub, not like the usual "girly" face scrub, this one has tiny hard grains, feels like you`re washing with sand grains and shifts all the dead skin.

I was put off purely because of the claimed price reductions, I thought if they have to try that hard to sell it this must be because it is crap and no one buys it; there are so many soaps and crams that I know are great that to me it wasn't worth the time or the £4. However if it is made by Creightons who make a lot of soaps for other brands means this is probably not that bad so just shows how their marketing can backfire with deeply cynical and suspicious people like me and I ignore a perfectly good product as a result.

Still why claim it is £48 in the first place, do they think we are really that stupid? Tell me it is a pot of cream that was six or seven quid and reduced to four and I might stop wondering what else they are lying about.

Harleyrider said:
I can also heartily recommend the RSC daily face scrub, not like the usual "girly" face scrub, this one has tiny hard grains, feels like you`re washing with sand grains and shifts all the dead skin.

Although I do use the RSC scrub, it is completely lightweight compared to Aapri (apricot) Face Scrub that Mrs M buys - this stuff must have been designed by the CIA after waterboarding was deemed a bit naughty :shock:

Back
Top Bottom