Speick Stick Reformulation

Credit: I've taken this from a chap called old_school over on B&B.

Whilst I'm not personally fussed, it may be of interest to some folk that Speick stick is now moving to a Vegan formula.

View attachment 77451

FFS! Not like we didn’t see it coming. Glad I picked up 3 sticks a few months ago. One of my absolute favourite soaps, let alone stick format gone the way of the others.

palmolive was pulled two years ago ( falling sales ), how many soaps have been reformulated ,in those two years ? the folks now want ,enviromentaly friendly, ecolocgically sound , ethical , low impact , recyclable, cruelty free, insert latest sales tagline here , products . the tide has turned gents .

palmolive was pulled two years ago ( falling sales ), how many soaps have been reformulated ,in those two years ? the folks now want ,enviromentaly friendly, ecolocgically sound , ethical , low impact , recyclable, cruelty free, insert latest sales tagline here , products . the tide has turned gents .

Palmolive sticks were pulled FROM THE UK!! Still being made & available other places.

Palmolive sticks were pulled FROM THE UK!! Still being made & available other places.
for how mutch longer ? out of the three sticks palmolive is gone from the uk , seen any wilkinson sword sticks around lately ? last i heard £5 + a piece on t,bay, so how mutch longer do you really think palmolive will remain un changed , if around at all ? my point was tallow is no longer acceptable to the mass market, as the slew of reformulations show . if they haven,t reformulated they bring out a new product line cella bio for example . my bet is there is a great deal of palmolive in the supply chain in the EU, hell it took over a year nearly two for it to clear the chain in th UK . then i wouldn,t be surprised if its gone for good ........times & taste,s have changed ,simple as.

Someone on B&B is saying essentially that the factory that closed in Europe that was making Fine hard soaps was actually making Tabac tallow as well. Perhaps they were making Palmolive also? The pieces are falling into place it seems.

Reactions: Nav
Thankfully also well stocked...I read on one of the US forums that Palmolive, Speick, Wilkinson Sword, Tabac and Fine all came out of the same factory before it was closed...no idea if this is correct, but if it is, it would answer why they have all dissapeared around the same time.

Just to justify my latest Tallow purchase. Speick have been Vegan for some time with their Active soap tubs.....which I have used. Nowhere near the lather quality of the stick. I will however buy a Vegan Stick at some time to be able to give a qualified opinion

Back
Top Bottom