Speick Stick Reformulation

Qr4dpVP.jpg

i don’t get all this fuss
they are still cutting down trees to make their packaging.
Moral in one way but not another
BUT
i’ll still use it :ROFLMAO:
It's not all a moral stance in my opinion Mike , I am in a slightly different part of the industry , and what we are seeing is a huge uptick in demand for Animal Free Products , the more of the portfolio that is switched to animal free , the less inclined people are to run mixed plants , as the clean down between Animal and Animal free is more stringent. The toll manufacturers are the same they don't want to handle animal ingredients.

To me it is beautiful marketing as well , you get to sell about five years worth of the old formula to the die hards , and open up your product to a larger and younger market , a no brainer really.

A small, but insanely vocal & political minority, have held many industries "hostage" in the past few years with gobbledygook pseudo science, "freakanomics" and have convinced an equally small, but just as vocal, customer base that every product must be free of parabens, phthlates, moon dust, gremlin boogers, etc., etc., ad nauseam. See "woke" Gillette commercials and the resulting $8 BILLION dollars writedown for fallout. Then again, if you have hired mgmt. who subscribe to this crap then rest assured they will nose the plane right into the ground "killing" all aboard.

Pretty soon to eat a steak you're going to have to own your own farm. :rolleyes:

It's not all a moral stance in my opinion Mike , I am in a slightly different part of the industry , and what we are seeing is a huge uptick in demand for Animal Free Products , the more of the portfolio that is switched to animal free , the less inclined people are to run mixed plants , as the clean down between Animal and Animal free is more stringent. The toll manufacturers are the same they don't want to handle animal ingredients.

To me it is beautiful marketing as well , you get to sell about five years worth of the old formula to the die hards , and open up your product to a larger and younger market , a no brainer really.
Die hards! Or just people who prefer tallow in their soap. :)

Paul.

@Bogeyman I'm inclined to agree and whilst some of these people's hearts are in the right place, there's certainly an element of "go Woke go broke". I think the problem is in part that company directors are often grey old geezers who are just about social media savvy enough to have heard of Tw@tter but not smart enough to realise that it's not actually representative of the majority opinion. In their craven desire for popularity or profit, they kowtow to the wokies and end up throwing the baby out with the brush squeezings. At least, that's my theory.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom