SOTD Saturday 9th December 2017 - Friday 15th December 2017

13/12/17

Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Shark Super Chrome (1)
Brush - Yaqi 24mm Plissoft
Soap - Speick Stick
Post - Alum
AS - Ben's Bay Rum & Nivea Balm

First time using a Lord L6 razor and a Shark Super Chrome, the blade seemed to be one of the sharper Lord blades I have used. Impressed with the Lord L6 razor, seems a touch more aggressive than a DE89, but smooth nonetheless.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
Soap: Sudsy Soapery Lavender & Peppermint
Razor: Gem MMCP
Blade: Gem SS
Post: Warm then cold water rinse,Vitamin E Oil, Aqua Velva Ice Blue

The 1470 gets better with every use but even with a petite brush like this, I still manage to overload the Sudsy Soapery and had enough lather over for several more passes.
The Aqua Velva is also easy to overdo, a little goes a long way.
A nice menthol kick from the soap and splash, luckily I don't have to venture outside.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: OSP Barbershop
Razor: UFO Goliath / ATT S1
Blade: Vntage Gillette Super Silver (6)
Splash: Pitralon Swiss

The eve of the third Ashes Test Match here in Perth. Looks like some rain on days 4 and 5; let's hope it stays away and we have a good match.
Some lovely slick lather from the OSP tonight. The scent of this soap is strongly biased towards lavender - I'm struggling to pick up any other notes.
The ATT S1 dealt easily with a 4 day growth, with three passes for a DFS+. A super comfortable shave, with no irritation nor hint of claret, and a hell of a good post shave.

Agree Steve. Dan doesn't skimp on the ingredients for his A/S line - wonderfully complex fragrances that last and last. Same deal with his soaps.

Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Gillette Fat Boy / Leresche 901
Wizamet SI (1)
Stirling Soaps Christmas Eve
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & DR Harris Traditional (sample)

Blade was smooth and very comfortable. The post came as I was about to shave so seeing the Leresche landed, I gave it a go. I hate open combs but this is very mild and was comfortable shave. No weepers, irritation or any nastiness. I did two passes with the razor and it gets a thumb up from me. The soap and brush were excellent, though it shed 2 hairs...