SOTD : Saturday 7th May - Friday 13th May 2022.

In West coast Scot's vernacular bahookie is your arse or bottom. It's not swearing. As in - Aye he took a right sair yin up the bahookie!

cheers - I.
I did recognise the word, to be honest. However I find it's normally in my nature to be pedantic, facetious, obfuscating or to just downright take the piss depending on what the situation warrants. Two best man speeches were a success - the two eulogies in Church, not so much:whistle:

Last edited:
Friday 13th May

AM-JKLUulWK3CnX5r8w7S0jAyDvWCApNKJKbt1jfMMGMjLQU19792j6qblcsqYpKNU32h7PIpTbLfndM7hErG6M7mmb7ZUksueMtVEosABprHo89MBkznmLSeabqA1i_9CPG3jizQr2YEVLUcJS3CIIxdGZUuw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
OSP Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Gillette Fusion (Flexball) Limited Edition & Gillette Fusion ProGlide (5)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

Friday AM 2022-05-13
Friday the 13th
acEB6iB.jpg

Rooney Beehive Ivory Finest (24/50)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge shaving soap
Paradigm Diamondback 2020
Personna 74 Tungsten (13)
Christian Dior Homme aftershave

On this Friday the 13th, after a pretty good night's sleep, with the outside temperature 50 degrees and humidity 66% with the wind at 8mph, Antonín Dvorák's Serenade for Strings in E playing softly on the radio, and the well-broken-in P74 blade still sharp and smooth, the Diamondback back just as great as the 17-4, and the shave was nearly perfect. Every shave is a unique journey.
dWgKPNv.jpg

I did recognise the word, to be honest. However I find it's normally in my nature to be pedantic, facetious, obfuscating or to just downright take the piss depending on what the situation warrants. Two best man speeches were a success - the two eulogies in Church, not so much:whistle:

Now, you coming from North Wales I do have to say, there is a language which has me stummed.

My father's first language was Welsh, but he never bothered passing it on to his kids. Then again it wouldn't have got us very far in the mining villages of South Yorkshire.

The main lesson learnt from travelling North Wales is, never ask for directions...

1) You'd never be able to repeat the names again
2) If you did, then they would be spelt nothing like you thought
3) And if you got that far you'd soon realise someone has just taken the piss out of you

After a motorbike jaunt along the coast with my best friend, a Spaniard, he gets off the bike at Llandudno turns around and says, 'Do they have any fucking vowels in the Welsh language?'

After my prior post I have decided that the theme for this last SOTD for this week should be, 'Places you would never ask directions for'

20220513_182136.jpg

Shitterton - Colonial General V2
Twatt - Feather Super Professional
Fingringhoe - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Wetwang - Penhaligons Bayolea soap
Fanny Barks - Colegen moisturiser
Bell End - Czech and Speake C88

'You want to take me where?'

A fine end to the week and a most wonderful of shaves. Nice and quick (that's SE's for you and me for Mrs Satanfriendly). A great showing from the V2 and another SE I could happily say 'this is that desert island razor'. Not much use without several hundred desert island blades, some soap, a brush and lots of whateverelses. In fact if you do intend to become stranded on a desert island, grow a beard.

The Penhaligons I rate highly, but it is just sad that it joined the ranks of the unobtaniums. Shhhhh, I do know where there may be one or two left.

So a lovely end to the past SOTD week and a great way to wander in to the next.

Have fantastic weekends you fantastic forum folk.

It is about time for a revisit to those Aldious girls if only to drool over Yoshi. And the others while there drooling......

0FB72B79-10DA-49B0-BD10-652FE208C0C1.jpeg
SOTD: 13/05/2022

Razor: Green Cult Razor
Blade: Astra SP, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Green Obsidian Silvertip Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA High Jump 47 Puck
Aftershave: PAA High Jump 47 Aftershave
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Made the mistake of not checking how many uses I had on the blade and I really could have done with swapping this Astra out but a good shave was had none the less, it’s lucky this razor is so efficient. Still highly impressed with the Green Cult and it’s certainly making me pine less for the Blackbird I sold, it really is great.
The PAA High Jump 47 is just a great in soap and Aftershave. It just lasts all day!
Top razor and soap led to a trouble free shave and great start to the day.
Enjoy the day guys!

Back
Top Bottom