SOTD : Saturday 7th May - Friday 13th May 2022.

A841C932-8458-47F9-A5E1-6E5B341A18D0.jpeg

Gillette #58 | Asco Platinum | ShedEleven Turnhouse in Dark Beech with 24mm 2-band Fan | Palmolive Cream | Quorum AS | Boot’s Freshwood Balm | Trumper’s Spanish Leather Cologne

My first post-op shave and it’s been a jolly old minute since I last wielded a vintage Gillette from my meagre collection. Loved the shave and experience but whilst it was perhaps not Gamechanger level, it was still ruddy marvellous.

The plan was to use Quorum EdT as well but then I spied with my little eye the Spanish Leather lurking in the background. As if it was unwanted and unloved, sulking away its quiet corner. Poor thing! Naturally, I applied it liberally and now have a huge grin on my grizzled coupon. Fantastic, traditional, manly scent.

The Asco was a good fit in my lovely #58 so no doubt I’ll try it again.

Anyhow, must dash as I can hear Matron berating some poor sod in the ward. Time to duck and cover!

Rhodium Rocket #80 w/Stirling Orange Chill soap & Polsilver View attachment 87950
That's a TV Special! :love:

Maybe not???

Last edited:
View attachment 87954

Gillette #58 | Asco Platinum | ShedEleven Turnhouse in Dark Beech with 24mm 2-band Fan | Palmolive Cream | Quorum AS | Boot’s Freshwood Balm | Trumper’s Spanish Leather Cologne

My first post-op shave and it’s been a jolly old minute since I last wielded a vintage Gillette from my meagre collection. Loved the shave and experience but whilst it was perhaps not Gamechanger level, it was still ruddy marvellous.

The plan was to use Quorum EdT as well but then I spied with my little eye the Spanish Leather lurking in the background. As if it was unwanted and unloved, sulking away its quiet corner. Poor thing! Naturally, I applied it liberally and now have a huge grin on my grizzled coupon. Fantastic, traditional, manly scent.

The Asco was a good fit in my lovely #58 so no doubt I’ll try it again.

Anyhow, must dash as I can hear Matron berating some poor sod in the ward. Time to duck and cover!
Screenshot 2022-05-12 114926.png

Thursday AM 2022-05-12
The first newspaper ice cream advertisement appeared on this date in 1777, NY Gazette
wxabs2h.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version)
Carbon Shaving Adamas
Personna 74 Tungsten (12)
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave
E2vBHcT.jpg

SOTD 12-May
View attachment 87938
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: NO Monoi De Tahiti
Razor: Blackland Tradere OC
Blade: 7 O'Clock SP (1)

Ooh I really do like this razor, wonderfully smooth and heavy. It's remarkably manoeuvrable for a razor of this size and weight but I won't complain. Lightest of touches is all it needs, two passes for a great finish.

Just about awake but at least smooth for the day ahead. Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc
How are you getting on with the N.O soap, Marc?

P

That's a TV Special! :love:

Maybe not???

Aye, I think it’s no a TV Special. Brit version of the TV Special Superspeed. Ours is the Rocket beastie with different (ooer) knob twisty thingy style. The Engerland version is all rhodium plate whereas I think the true TV Special has just the rhodium on the handle? I’m probably talking crap as usual but I could’ve sworn I read that somewhere. Both crackers for sure but if anything, the standard flare tip Superspeed and Rocket have better grip. Then there’s the English Superspeed flare tip… too much for my wee brain

Sheesh, razors eh?

How are you getting on with the N.O soap, Marc?

P
I really like it, my nose is notoriously terrible but even I can get the sandalwood and vanilla. I can't pick out anything else but that's not to say its not there. The scent lasted for a couple of hours which I was pleased with but wasn't so in your face that it set the Mrs off (that's a big win). Put it this way, if it rocks up again on this side of the pond again I would be tempted to get a backup.

Cheers

Marc

Aye, I think it’s no a TV Special. Brit version of the TV Special Superspeed. Ours is the Rocket beastie with different (ooer) knob twisty thingy style. The Engerland version is all rhodium plate whereas I think the true TV Special has just the rhodium on the handle? I’m probably talking crap as usual but I could’ve sworn I read that somewhere. Both crackers for sure but if anything, the standard flare tip Superspeed and Rocket have better grip. Then there’s the English Superspeed flare tip… too much for my wee brain

Sheesh, razors eh?
I can't keep track of all the crap anymore, but I do have an "American" one from the second quarter of '58, and it's a great shaver. I wouldn't know rhodium if it jumped up me bahoochie.

A Thursday's shave on a Thursday? Never in a month of Sundays Thursdays. And so a theme of 'Never in a month of January's'

20220512_205656.jpg

Happy New Year - Colonial General
February's blade - Feather Super Professional
Beware the ides of April - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
August fool - Abbate Y Mantia Matteo
But it's May? - Chanel pour Monsieur

'Attention all shipping in Rochdale. Get out there's no bloody water'

But there was in my sink and a very important participant in today's SOTD.

'Attention all shavers on TSR. Use some bloody water it's fucking important'

A wonderful day out for the original and the best Colonial General. With a Super Pro onboard what could ever go wrong? And happy to say, nothing did outside of close perfection. My oh my, I do love this razor.

The Abbate and the big Cashmere? Made for each other despite the brush making tight work of fitting in the tin. A great soap and every quality you could wish for all, delivered by probably the best brush in the cabinet.

End results being a big cheesy grin.

GOODDAYCOLTD? A first for me, but mighty jolly.

Oh...

And I love you all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom