SOTD : Saturday 5th June to Friday 11th June 2021.

Fri 11 SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Rapira Panhpa 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Just terrific lather from the soap! Rich, creamy and slick plus a wonderfully refreshing and cooling scent...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was another excellent combination. Very smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Awesome aftershaves too.
20210611_123139.jpg

Fri 11th June

Jayaruh Syn. No67
Tabac soap
ES Claymore V1- Ikon Bull Dog handle
Kai CT Protouch MG [ 12 ]
Tabac A/S Lotion

It is quite hard to believe just how well this Razor /Blade combo deals with Two Days growth on its 12th outing. I am sure the rich lather that the Tabac delivers helps things go well, but I can honestly say I have never ever had such a great finish from any other AC blade on its 12th outing.

IMG_1520.jpg

199548177_952816752138217_7249851741263596729_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum Cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Tiger Platuinum (1, binned) rescued by Super-Max Blue Diamond (4)

Sometimes I amaze myself with my ability to name songs from 40-odd years ago after hearing one note. Other times I lose my keys within 10 seconds of putting them down. I only mention this as despite writing on this very forum a few weeks ago how crap the Tiger blade is through the Merkur, I loaded one up today and was surprised how badly it performed :rolleyes: Not wanting to faff about further, I put yesterday's Super-Max back in for a decent rescue attempt. Couple of little weepers from the Tiger, but all in all I'm happy with today's outcome and the Super-Max was more than adequate on its fourth outing.
I'm still undecided if Bay Rum creams and soaps have a Summery scent or not. It's certainly deeper and darker than many others, but not in that leathery, tobacco way. Anyway, a spray of Benjamins can bring a Summer vibe in isolation from any soap so I'll stick with it. I'll have to seek out the menthol and pimento versions next.....

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Friday 11th June 2021

Shave Score 9.75/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. - Haverford
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RR GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Post Shave ASL: Stirling Soap Co. - Haverford
Post Shave Balm: Stirling Soap Co. - Haverford
Post Shave Cologne: Stirling Soap Co. - Haverford

A Tom Ford, Tobacco Vanilla day today, divine :)

Have a great Friday all.

Joe

IMG_1116.jpeg

Friday SOTD

nUELYj6.jpg

Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Yaqi Arctic Sky 24mm Silvertip Badger
Zingari Man The Watchman Shave Soap & AS

11/6/21

Soap - Hampshire Wool Fat
Brush - Yaqi 26mm Faux Horse Knot/Rainbow Handle
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Feather (3)
AS - Cien Aqua

I've not used my Yaqi Rainbow brush for a while, I'd been neglecting as I find a little too large and I get better control of my lathers with a smaller knot, which was still the issue today but the larger knot really takes a lot less time to build a lather with. Nonetheless, a really great lather with the HWF, which is quite a strong smelling soap but it's a slick lather with a good post shave feel.

Another comfortable and smooth shave with the Feather blade, and to my surprise there's been little to no degradation in the sharpness in the 3 shaves on the blade so far.

Have a good Friday gents.

11/06/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face Rinse
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Brass
Blade: Rapira Cyhepctajib (Super stainless) (2)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red
Wk23 (7).JPG
Very nice! The blade very smooth today, for me much better than yesterdays Rapira Chrome Pink, he shall shave another day.
Another really nice face lather, today with the C5 Torga, i am really enjoying these boar brushes, so different to the first one i tried and moved on. So glad i came back to give them another go.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

11 June

Meißner Tremonia Dark Limes
Semogue SOC 2 band
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
Lucky Tiger face tonic

FE75AF10-0648-4015-85B8-2169DA81223E.jpeg

Wow! Pretty much as good as it gets. Close and wonderfully comfortable. The Feather razor and blade combo excels at comfortable, but not always at close. Today, with a new blade, it did.

Back
Top Bottom