SOTD: Saturday 5th January 2019 - Friday 11th January 2019

@Digimonkey Hi mate; the Blue Lamp still there - looks as if the orginal sign is still up Never made it close to the Lemon Tree this trip. I was a student 1990 - 1994 and again 1994 -1995: happy days, although I wish on hindsight that I started DE shaving then.

The Blue lamp was a belter of a pub when I was a student; many happy hours spent there - after the Library

SOTD Sunday 08 and Monday 09 January 2018

Pre-shave: Hot shower, cold water splash and Wright's Cold Tar Soap.
Cream: L'Occitane Cade.
Brush: Muhle Purist, Black Silvertip Fibre Shaving Brush.
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery.
Razor: Muhle Rocca Jet (version 3).
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (Day 1 and 2).
Post: D R Harris Skin tonic, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aftershave Aloe Vera.

On Sunday, after a lovely hike in Glen Doll, after returning home, decided to get out the Rocca Jet, as opposed to loading up the Feather with a new blade; a very good decision.

A 2 pass shave with the Rocca Jet, loaded with a Gillette Silver Blue (WTG and XTG) face and neck, I was BBS with no issues to report. This morning, I only had time for one pass, however, to be fair given how late in the day I shaved on Sunday (16:15) and the BBS result, a single pass did the job.

For me, I got the sense that you need to watch the angle with the Muhle Rocca - if you are careless, it will give some razor burn. As with the other Rocca's I have shaved with very good audible feedback and a reasonable amount of blade feel.

All the best,

Chris

+1 for the Feather AS-D2; I am falling in love with that razor again.

SOTD : 8th January 2019.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Carbon Shower Total Action.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega S10065.

Face Lather.

Soap : Proraso ~ Menthol & Eucalyptus.

Blade:.Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock SharpEdge.(3)

Razor: Lord L125.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Proraso ~ Menthol & Eucalyptus ASL.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave....The Lord L125/Gillette 7'0 Clock SharpEdge was a smooth efficient match, resulting in another comfortable invigorating 3 pass + pick up's DFS with no errors to report.

The proraso menthol & eucalyptus soap is a wonderful soap to perk up the face senses early on the morning!...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Proraso ~ Menthol & Eucalyptus ASL.Both the soap & ASL are a superb duo..Wonderful stuff.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.

Last edited:
SOTD 20190108.

M Keramiek / APShaveCo SilkSmoke.
MÜHLE “Sea Buckthorn” shaving cream.
Seygus Zeppelin razor.
Kai Stainless (1).
MÜHLE “Sea Buckthorn” ASB.

First shave with the Seygus Zeppelin.
The short sides of the blade do not protrude, which is very pleasant when changing the blade.
Today only the "mild" side of the razor used - particularly comfortable with a nice smooth result.