SOTD Saturday 4th November 2017 - Friday 10th November 2017

Sotd - Wednesday -

Razor - Schick I1
blade - Schick Japanese branded twin - (1)
brush - Maseto 24mm 2-band
soap - Tabac
post - Witch hazel
a/s - Tabac
balm - BBA.

Result - great - four day's growth.

Just finished a month working on a particularly unpleasant murder trial - something uplifting needed in the shave department tonight. The soap and scent were not in doubt - Tabac it had to be. First use of the imported Schick twins - they seem every bit as good as the vintage ones I'd used before - which was excellent. So - job mostly done - irritation free skin, smelling nice and vaquita smooth in two passes. To finish the job - the large whisky in front of me. Enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

Wednesday 8th November 2017

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: Rockwell 6C plate 6
Blade: Treet Classic (#2)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Soap: Arko
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Nivea 2 phase

One very close but super smooth shave, I did manage one very tiny weeper, but what a result I had forgotten how good the Rockwell is.

Get well soon.

SOTD: 9th November 2017.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Wrights Cold Tar Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega 1305 .

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Chinese Cologne Soap .

Blade: Super-Max Super Platinum.(2)

Razor: Parker 98R .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. / Duru~ Mandarin Cologne .

Aloe Vera Gel .

Greetings,

Ever since i introduced myself to traditional DE shaving i've had a fondness of Parker razors, my 98R performed brilliantly today,giving me a smooth irritation free shave.

What more could i ask for?..As with all of my shave set-ups i consider them to be very humble, and are not expensive ones, with good preparation patience, and practicing my technique i've suprised myself that you can get sublime shaves at a very reasonable cost,any one introducing themselves to the world of DE shaving,a Parker DE Razor would be a good addition to any sparse shaving den.

I find the 3 piece Parker DE razors models to be slightly more efficient than the TTO models, saying that, both perform excellently with superb shaving results.

If i had to pick a favourite, then at this present moment in time, the 98R would be a good contender,but i've a few other Parker models on equal par also.

A wonderful indian Razor/Blade made duo 3 pass + pick ups DFS shave, with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Duru Mandarin Cologne.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.

Last edited:
Greetings All,

Thursday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Razorock XXX
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (I3) (setting 5)
Blade: Shark SS (4th)
Brush: Razorock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Nivea 2 Phase followed by Michael Kors (edt).

3 passes without incident, (did not learn my lesson from yesterday) so again for some stupid reason decided to chase the BBS and ended up with a weeper on my chin. Post shave feel great and smell good too.

Cheers,

Brian