SOTD : Saturday 4th June - Friday 10th June 2022.

The rest of the week's worth.

Couple of nights away so travel stuff, then back home but still using the Falklands issue Tech. All shaves with the Perma sharp blade.

Whilst away, TOBS sandalwood, travel brush, skin food and a concoction of witch hazel splash and a sandalwood balm.

I have to compare the DG Apogee against the Signature Britannia as the setup was identical apart from the blade having an extra use for the Britannia.
The Britannia outperforms the Apogee in every department (IMHO). Plus, Mrs D really prefers the scent of the Britannia, so that's an all round winner.

Great end to the SoTD week!
Thank you so much. Glad Mrs D has good taste!
Best Regards Brian

Last edited:
10/06/22
Pre - Pears Transparent cold water face wash
Brush - Simpson Duke 2
Soap - 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor - Blackland Blackbird Brass
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk23 (7).JPG
A very nice shave today, i found the Brassbird so much smoother than the Stainless version, hence, the Stainless version was moved on.
The Wickham's soap is really good stuff, the lather today was easy to make and gave plenty of protection during the 2 passes and touch up.
I then gave myself a haircut - i am getting pretty good at this now, I cleaned everything up then into the shower, i finished off with a nice post shave routine.
Spot on that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

SotD

SV Opuntia - Shaving Soap.
Vintage (Georg Hiltner) Thermos Limited Silver No. 24 - Silvertip Shaving Brush.
Vintage Hugo Büchner Mond Extra Silver (No Rotbart) - Safety Razor.
Vintage Halston Limited Sterling - After Shave.
Vintage Halston Limited Sterling - EdC.

-
The Halston Limited. :)
A brutally brilliant fragrance from the mid-1980s.
Incredibly complex yet finely tuned. A fragrance journey that has it all.

There is hardly anything that contains such a symphony of several fragrance components. A classic "can opener" then and still today.

I now know very little that comes close to this fragrance, so I chose the Opuntia shaving soap, which has a basic similarity but is still far removed from the tone of the throat.

The old Büchner Mond Extra, silver-plated, is a bit reminiscent of the old Gillette pocket editions. Quite similar when it comes to shaving.

The old Thermos shaving brush, which weighs a whopping 365 grams, has an ultra-great trimmings. Real silver tip, tightly bound and probably from 1995 in a limited edition, silver-plated with engraving. Everything very, very high quality.

The Georg Hiltner shaving brush factory was founded in Nuremberg in 1895. Very little information can be found online, so the brush including the engraving and the number 24 were probably made in 1995 for employees or for special customers.

-
43781982vl.jpg

43781983hx.jpg

43781984bz.jpg

43781985lm.jpg

43781986jx.jpg

43781987zw.jpg

43781988bj.jpg

Razor = Merkur Progress ( 3 )
Blade = London Bridge ( 1 )
Brush = Whisky Barrel 26mm High Mountain Badger
Soap = Essence Of Scotland Berry Fields O’ Blair
with matching splash
Balm = Executive Shaving Fragrance Free.
7139E53A-57B0-4DC2-9CD6-869670ED7C4D.jpegWhat a top drawer shave this was with top quality ingredients.

The soap for anyone who doesn't know is a Wickhams but exclusive to The Gentlemans Groom Room In Dundee.
A truly wonderful rich berry scent,
what a proper summer scent should be.
As we all know Wickhams is up there with some of the best and this is no different, A delight to use.
The Progress in my eyes is a bit underrated, People recommend different razors to different people but rarely does this get a mention yet it’s probably a staple in most dens.
Pare it with the wonderful London Bridge and to shave is first class.
Ever so often a shave gets a grip of you and this is the one for me.
Best shave this month & possibly last month as well.
Can’t wait until the next one.
Stay Safe Folks & Enjoy Your Weekend

SotD

Vintage (Georg Hiltner) Thermos Limited Silver No. 24 - Silvertip Shaving Brush.

-

There is hardly anything that contains such a symphony of several fragrance components. A classic "can opener" then and still today.

I now know very little that comes close to this fragrance, so I chose the Opuntia shaving soap, which has a basic similarity but is still far removed from the tone of the throat.

The old Büchner Mond Extra, silver-plated, is a bit reminiscent of the old Gillette pocket editions. Quite similar when it comes to shaving.

The old Thermos shaving brush, which weighs a whopping 365 grams, has an ultra-great trimmings. Real silver tip, tightly bound and probably from 1995 in a limited edition, silver-plated with engraving. Everything very, very high quality.

The Georg Hiltner shaving brush factory was founded in Nuremberg in 1895. Very little information can be found online, so the brush including the engraving and the number 24 were probably made in 1995 for employees or for special customers.

-
43781982vl.jpg

43781983hx.jpg

43781984bz.jpg

43781985lm.jpg

43781986jx.jpg

43781987zw.jpg

43781988bj.jpg
OK, that razor hit's it outa the park! Damn I'm impressed!!! :p

SotD

-

-
43781982vl.jpg

43781983hx.jpg

43781984bz.jpg

43781985lm.jpg

43781986jx.jpg

43781988bj.jpg
Superb setup!

C4348C34-4EAC-474D-814E-E1D48F1D7F04.jpeg

SOTD: 10/06/2022

Razor: Green Cult Razor
Blade: Dorco Titan , 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Healing Bracelet UK Lemon And Lime Puck
Aftershave: TOBS No. 7 Lime Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Ben Cruachan Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block
Additional Care: Seaforth Sea Spiced Lime Aftershave Toner

Great shave and the HBUK goats milk base is genuinely lovely but it’s being relegated to the shower as it’s far too lightly scented for my liking. A shame as the little scent it has is lovely it just needs punching up to x10!

My final SOTD and one which comes with the theme, 'Vegetable soup'

Team shave

20220609_213528.jpg

Scotch broth - Tatara Nodachi
Leek and potato - Polsilver Lodz (7 and out)
Pea soup - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Cream of carrot - Signature Soaps Londinium

'And the secret is out as to where Brian sourced his latest Francinium'

A great start with the Londinium and AP Cashmere. A well proven recipe for a great base to shave in to. And what better tool to achieve that than the Nodachi. Unusually I find the Tatara doesn't eat its way through blades as heavily as some razors and for a Lodz to last seven shaves is quite an achievement. Not only that it still managed to throw in a great finish. Reasons to be cheerful.

And I will just add here that despite numerous attempts I still fail sadly to extract cream from a carrot

Team the bit afterwards

20220609_215402.jpg

Garden vegetable soup - L'Occitane Cade balm
Heinz Big Soup - Jack Covent Garden

'Mmmm. Most definitely Wicstun. A tad more seasoning'

The Cade simply because for me it is heaven to my skin.

Now. The Jack Covent Garden. So impressed by the Jack original and its clever blend of marijuana and limes in quite an exquisite manner, this other offering from Jack, £26 TK Maxx was a bit of a must. But very much a blind purchase. And as it turned out, a very good one at that.

Think Covent Gardens, but just don't think freshly cut Crocus and Carnations, more carrots and cabbages. It doesn't list any vegetables as a note, but it appears cleverly blended to give that effect. Fragentia lists a whole list of fragrant notes, but I don't seem to pick too many of them up. To me it is more earthy and fresh than sweet and fresh, but for some reason it works wonderfully. I am quite happy to smell like a nice can of vegetable soup. A superb and very different scent. It really must be the Jack Piccadilly next as I am rather intrigued by a scent which claims petrol as a note. As someone said of the Covent Gardens, the only thing it lacks is antifreeze. A thumbs up from here and very me.

So overall a wonderful total shave and happiness by the bucket full.

Have wonderful weekends one and all and take care and be well.

I shall leave you with the very appropriate song Perfume by those Japanese girlies 'Girlfriend'

Back
Top Bottom