SOTD: Saturday 4th December - Friday 10th December 2021.

Saturday 4th December

Boti 23mm Boar -Culmak - Feather Portable/BIC Chrome Platinum #3 - Encre Noire EDT

The Boti Boar knots do seem to have a lot of backbone but I have enjoyed the two I have used so far.
3 passes for a perfect result :)

I am heading out to a function later. My first one since before the pandemic. A little nervous about it.....I think I would prefer to stay at home and watch Strictly! but SWMBO would not be pleased.

Tony'schin

Staff Member
Supporter
SOTD 04-Dec
View attachment 80998
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: MdC Fougere
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: GSB (2)

Well that was as rough as a bears arse, nowhere near enough prep to allow me to use the dart without tearing up my face (note to self don't use the dart when in a rush). On the plus side the Arlington calmed it down nicely with a subtle menthol feel at the end.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc
Bloody hell Marc, a rushed shave with the Dart, that had my toes curling.
I have to really on my game to use mine, i do enjoy the challenge of it but have to be very mindful.

Saturday DecemBOAR-less 4, 2021
Razor: 6s Plate 5
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Dragonsbeard
Soap: Ethos Dragonsbeard V3
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Ethos Dragonsbeard SFS
Fragrance: Ethos Dragonsbeard EDP
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1123

So you may have seen a theme as you read down the list of what was used......................what, you didn't read it? I'll wait while you go check it out................Back now ? Good ! Yep, Dragonsbeard is my FAVORITE scent and we have a few of Frank's products in this scent as well as a bunch of other scents. I noticed that if Frank would come out with his own SS Razor, some blades and a Witch Hazel I would have all categories covered. Took the day off from boars because I MUST use the Dragonsbeard brush when I use this setup. I had a TREMENDOUS shave and smell even BETTER. I never do it but may need to groundhog day this setup tomorrow. Have a great weekend folks !!
IMG_20211204_065223854_HDR.jpg

SOTD.JPG

Soap – Tabac
Brush – Vie Long synthetic
Razor – Blackland Blackbird
Blade – Gillette Silver Blue
A/S – Tabac
A/S Balm – Lea 3 in 1

My first shave with Tabac and why I’ve not tried this soap before now is beyond me. The scent might be divisive but performance is excellent.
Every aspect of this shave was as good as it gets for me.
The razor is my best purchase this year and easily goes into my top 3, paired with one of my top blades, a beautiful brush, superb soap and Tabac A/S to finish. Effortless and baby smooth. Happy ! Happy ! Happy !

Have a good weekend and enjoy your shaves.

SOTD 04-Dec
View attachment 80998
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: MdC Fougere
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: GSB (2)

Well that was as rough as a bears arse, nowhere near enough prep to allow me to use the dart without tearing up my face (note to self don't use the dart when in a rush). On the plus side the Arlington calmed it down nicely with a subtle menthol feel at the end.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc
Life is too short to be using such demanding razors, Marc.
I never really trusted my Dart, and didn't keep it very long

Bloody hell Marc, a rushed shave with the Dart, that had my toes curling.
I have to really on my game to use mine, i do enjoy the challenge of it but have to be very mindful.
Ha ha ha yeah I'm a stubborn bugger, I'd already decided yesterday to use this one and despite the time ticking down I refused to change my mind.
Life is too short to be using such demanding razors, Marc.
I never really trusted my Dart, and didn't keep it very long
Aye I've heard this from a fair number of people, this is the first time that I've used it in a rush and was punished for it. It's not my favourite blackland but I think I'd regret it if I moved it on.

Today's shave:

rdt211204pjjxf.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Vespers
- Zenith Manchurian
- Mühle Sophist with Feather blade
- Sôi Classic aftershave

:D

Shower then Cube - unscented

Soap: P+B Imperial Rum

Brush: Elm w/ APshave 24mm Cashmere

Razor: Tatara Masamune

Blade: Astra SP #3

Post Shave: Alum block - P+B Imperial Rum splash

DE Shave #57

My first experience with P+B products and it was an enjoyable one. Soap scent was better in the lather than from the tub.

The Cashmere knot felt like silk on my face.

IMG_0302.JPG

Tony'schin

Staff Member
Supporter
Aye I've heard this from a fair number of people, this is the first time that I've used it in a rush and was punished for it. It's not my favourite blackland but I think I'd regret it if I moved it on.
I moved my 1st one on and instantly regretted it Marc, hence, when I thought the time was right I bought it again, luckily enough, right before you could not buy it due to discontinuation. My technique has improved so much over the last couple of years and it ain't such a scary tool to use now but does need respect.

Sat 4th December

Jayaruh Syn No67
Vitos Super Red
Schick E2- Canada
Schick Proline ( 6 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

A great start to this Injector rotation. Very smooth unlike my USA version but it is almost in pristine condition.The Shave quality matches the best that I get from other types of Razor, and without any likelihood of mishap.Probably the best Shave of the last few days.

F6C04D6D-3E2B-4724-A114-BD460556D6D6.jpeg

Top Bottom