SOTD : Saturday 3rd February - Friday 9th February 2018.

Sotd - 4/2/18

Razor - Schick I1
blade - Japanese twin (2)
soap - MT Black Beer No.1 paste
brush - Simpsons P8 best badger
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Agua Balsamica
balm - Weleda
scent - Hermes Eau d'orange verte edt.

Result - lovely, uplifting.

It was beautiful today - still a bit chilly but a clear sky and nice light - gaining strength with every day. We might have survived another winter - not time yet to emerge from underneath the tarpaulin but a reminder that spring will come around again. Rickets avoided for another year. Hence the software - not withstanding the name of the soap - I find it bright and uplifting - it smells strongly of rosemary - medicinal, but in a good way. I enjoy it in the same way as lavender soaps but more invigorating. MT shaving pastes are about as good as non-tallow formulations get for me. Foolproof to lather - very slick and complex scents. I have never tried their hard soap versions - the only concern for me is how much of the cost of the product is from the packaging? Heavy glass jars - a bit over the top - and frankly dangerous if they slip out your hand and land on your foot. The Agua Balsamica is a no brainer pairing with the Black Beer - yet more rosemary - with thyme and lavender thrown in. They dovetail perfectly, my skin loves this after shave. The Weleda is pretty herbal too and works very well. I enjoyed that - have a great week one and all. Oh - it's supposed to start snowing again this week. Ho hum - back to the menthol again then? Yours - I.

Last edited:

Fantastic shave from the TIMELESS UFO GSB combination. Lather from the WHOLLY KAW Chypre Rose Concerto was more than up to the task, whipped up with perhaps my favorite brush , the amazing MORRIS & FORNDRAN Blonde Badger. The WK AS provided a final dose of the great scent and left me with a nice smooth finish.

Have had a look but there is nothing that gives any indication that it is the tallow soap but have left a question with them and will find out in due course. Thanks anyway M.
Paul,
You will find the 70g puck listed as Tallow on Cyril Salter website. A lovely inexpensive soap-
introduced to me by James @Acer89 - Thanks James.
Mike B

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: MÜHLE XL Synthetic
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

A couple days ago I was fortunate enough to have a fantastic shave before celebrating our 10th wedding and 20th overall anniversary.

I hope you all have a great start into the new week​

Pre-shave: tepid water
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: N/A
Lather: Canned goo (Gillette shave gel)
Post-shave: warm water

First try with a Voskhod, I really like this blade - smooth and sharp. BBS with a 1.5 pass shave (WTG + XTG in selected areas). Now to see if I can eke the edge out for a whole week.

Congratulations to you and your wife.

Congratulations to you both and may there be many more. P.