SOTD : Saturday 3rd April to Friday 9th April 2021.

SOTD 08-April
20210408_100508.jpg
Prep
Warm Shower

Brush
PAA Peregrino

Soap
PAA Astra Planeta

Razor
Muhle R41

Blade
SuperMax Super Platinum

Cold water wash followed by Raw Supremo Supreme Smoother

In a rush this morning so broke out the replacement DE. First run with the PAA Astra Planeta, have to say I really liked it, took a little bit of working but got it how I like it in the end (I was having a moment and overloaded with water).

Smooth, refreshed and almost willing to go to work!

Have a good one all

Cheers

Marc

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 8th April 2021

Shave Score 9.7/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Lea Classic
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: ASCO Platinum
Post Shave ASL: Floid
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Douro

A nice BBS was had from the ASCO Platinum with the usual 3 pass with a little chin buffing :)

Have a good day all.

Joe

IMG_0837.jpeg

20210408_085952.jpg
SOTD 8th April

Brush - Yaqi Butterscotch 22mm Cashmere
Soap - TDS Sandalwood
Razor - Ever Ready 1912
Blade - Gem SSC #10
Post - Boots Freshwood ASL

One of those shaves where you think "Can it get better?" 2½ passes - Bloody brilliant!
The TDS soap impressed - subtle scent with performance very akin to Wickhams IMO. Very, very slick lather that are the razor difficult to hold at times.
Razor/Blade combo work perfectly, I love this little razor - as smooth and close as my Rockwell 6c.
Very nicely finished off the the Boots ASL.
Stay safe people and enjoy those shaves

8 April

SV Felce Aromatica
Semogue SOC 2 band
Mühle R41
Personna med prep
SV Felce Aromatica asl

24CFD80B-253D-41E1-8FAA-15BFB43B7B32.jpeg

The only change from yesterday’s shave was the razor itself, using yesterday’s blade. Today’s shave was a step up... it not just felt closer, but was visibly better! The Parker Variant moves to the “move on” drawer.

Thur 8th April

Stirling Syn 26mm
Officina Artigiana soap
Occams Enoch
Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG ( 1 )
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

In between rotations so decided for a change to use this relatively new to me Kai blade. Though very little blade feel, it was obvious after a couple of strokes that the combo was very effective. The Shave was smooth and trouble free , and the finish extremely good. Must now try this blade in a few more Razors.

8CC02EFC-E3A4-4AAC-A5BD-3263E37FA4E7.jpeg

SoTd
Today’s shave was just fantastic used the near wedge Koraat for the first time thank you @RussellR5555 the edge was lovely so comfortable and smooth had a real treat especially as I used the kindly gifted pannacrema sample of Rosa it was just the cherry on top, something so intriguing with this scent an intoxicating aroma of wonderfulness...a rather special shave !52F21C96-E77C-40A1-918C-2F979DFCE12B.jpeg

08/04/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face wash
Brush: Semogue Torga
Soap: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor: Razorock Hawk Stainless "A"
Blade: Kai Titan Pink (7)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Aftershave: Arran soap Co. Machrie
WK14 (7).JPG
A very comfortable 2 pass shave and a touch up on the whirlpools for a BBS comfortable finish, Its a nice pairing with the Kai Pink.
Double Balm to try and sort out my skin hydration, this weather is playing havoc with it at the minute.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

cChHt4y.jpg

Shave #2 on this Chinese GWS blade and it never ceases to amaze me how great this economical blade is!

IMG_20210406_114434-02.jpeg

Shortly after I began DE shaving, I discovered LEA's soaps and balms. I particularly enjoy the fresh scent of their shave stick and the 3 in 1 balm. Until today's shave, I'd not tried their classic line. The soap is hard and just about fills my Executive Shaving wooden bowl. I know LEA offer this soap in its own perfectly fitting bowl but as I was testing the soap and had an empty bowl, I just bought a refill. It smells similar to the shave stick but with the addition of a hint of cedarwood.

I'm continuing with my experiments with the Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353, this time pairing it with a Voskhod. As expected, this shave was a joy. The razor really hits the sweet spot for me, mild yet efficient, smooth and trouble free. I'd say it was as mild as a 34C but more efficient. You really can’t ask for more than that. The Voskhod played its part too in getting me BBS.

The LEA Classic soap proves once again, what excellent, well priced products LEA offer. The soap lathered very well, produced a smooth cream albeit with a barely detectable clean soap scent. That may have had something to do with using the Proraso green pre-shave, which is powerful stuff. So I HAD to order some Proraso white pre-shave, for use with milder scented soaps. I think it's the law...

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Soap: LEA Classic Soap
Brush: Simpson's The Duke 3 BB
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Post-shave: LEA Balm
Bowl: Face lather

Back
Top Bottom