SOTD : Saturday 3rd April to Friday 9th April 2021.

Wednesday 7th April

ACtC-3fTNCZQa1TRAmvQIdQ_TKL1rfx_aGPJ_MBUrKu8i8nznk3TvWYFAVWQTATL5GG6JsC5VCsP4tvxwqBUUrYMd9Lsrw0uk5R0LyH7v1voJcvvhnNCqZVbIWxDHDLbTlfLUpcvG2JBmT6-N0jxiU_XwhEStw=s800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham Super Smooth
DSC Stem w/Snow White Synthetic 22mm
Yaqi Katana w/Windrose Darwin Handle
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2) Made in China
Novaya Zarya Russian Forest

Round two with the Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades, India loaded into the Yaqi Katana DLC and China in the chromed Yaqi Katana ...

Tonight, the MIC which is certainly a sharp and close shave, but boy is it a rough 'un! Not even in an exhilarating way like the Shark Stainless, more like the Personna Lab/Med which are pretty dull from the off and sharpen up with use but remain raw throughout.

I was glad for a good splash of the rather alcoholic Russian splash.

After using Wickham's 1902 prototype soap for the last couple of shaves, I dug out another one from Wickham's archives: Super Smooth. This is unscented and from the very first batch in 2014. Ingredients read well! Potassium Stearate, Potassium Cocoate, Potassium Lardate, Potassium Apricot Kernelate, Aqua & Glycerine ... mmmm .... porky goodness!

My brush was long handle from DS Cosmetics which I bought to fit a boar knot but finding the knot too small ordered in a Snow White synthetic. Snow White? Wassat, then?

ACtC-3e7lq1WQbxsR2vmkfVX6Ex7CKyFCXUO0nK0Gp00HU2dCCuxNCisXtS7DUAx0io6eGqwKnAtuImvVty5uKx3gTu3hjq_gXaZhK-UR-5Gn7Qp36ah05CYziyKqsgrUFnSaTqdi_odKUl7I53Iju3V8bmSRw=w600

The fibre looks quite old school and I must confess that when I first got it I wondered whether it would be like those old nylon fibre knots from the '50s, but in use it's like a Cashmere with a good scritch! In some respects, face feel is not a million miles off the Kent Silvertex.

... and yes, it does indeed have that very sterile white glow to it.

Good evening gents

Soap - Signature Soaps Danum
Brush - Yaqi Timberwolf
Razor - Progress (5) (3) (2)
Blade - Gillette 7 O’clock Sharpedge
ASL - Barts Cinnamon and Patchouli

72D1A3FB-27AF-4798-A35C-05BF3F33F738.jpeg
As to be expected with Brian’s soaps, a quick wave with the brush and a huge amount of great scented lather was produced resulting a rather excellent shave this evening.

Stay Safe Fellas!

Wednesday 7th April

• Ach Brito Mogno
• Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
• Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
• PolSilver Lodz Stainless (3) - and out
• Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

Is it just me who only gets 2 smooth shaves from Lodz blades ?
Third use tonight, and it wasn't great. This has been the case with every one I've used
It's a shame, because when they're smooth, they're really smooth.

SOTD, Wednesday 07 March 2021

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Kiehl's Facial Wash, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Gentleman's Groom Room - Essence of Scotland Scottish Heather Traditional Shaving Soap.
Brush: Blackland (Signature).
Razor: Muhle R41GS Stainless Steel.
Blade: Personna (Red) (Day 2).
Post: Cold water splash, Musgo Real No.1 Orange Amber Cologne.

07-April-2020 (2).jpg

Wow.

Simply, wow.

A day's growth - gone - BBS in 2 passes - still early days with the R41GS, and I was not chasing a BBS finish. WTG and XTG - no issues to report.

For me this razor demands a very slick lather - at the weekend I shaved with the same set-up, but with the Ariana & Evans Dirty Ginger Shaving Soap - a great soap, but I find it slightly sticky when shaving; more so on the neck. Today with the Gentleman's Groom Room - Essence of Scotland Scottish Heather the razor felt it was gliding on the skin. It is possible that the shave was better as the R41GS had more stubble than normal to shift?

The Musgo Real Orange Amber Cologne was a lovely way to end the shave - great skin feel and scent.

I hope everyone had a great day - stay safe and sane.

All the best,

Chris

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Orbit
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Wizamet SI #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Thu 8th SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Hyaluronic
Was able to dial up the soap into a super nice thickly creamy and very slick lather with a scent I like very much but just too mild...!!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Smooth and comfortable in 3+1passes for a bbs to dfs finish. So good was the shave, a half pass performed on the neck and that resulted in 2 creepers...dang! Too greedy...hahaha
Very nice burn and good scent from the BayRum Witchhazel.
20210408_000836.jpg
20210408_081247.jpg

SOTD : 8th April 2021.

76.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Lather : Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gillette Winner Stainless. (D4)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 + Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ Blue Stratos ASL.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last outing of the Gillette Winner stainless, throughout the week the blade has performed wonderfully with causing no irritation or dulling problems...All in all, though i like the Gillette Winner Stainless & Platinum as both blades have gave me good satisfactory shaving results are suited to my mature skin type, and have paired together wonderfully with the various DE razors that i have used.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...

Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Blue Stratos ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

170678741_1964346097039395_2937705179223309424_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Kai Stainless (2)

As anticipated, the Kai came into its own today. A curated software setup, known to give good backup, coupled with the Kai's reputation for sharpening up on day 2 left a DFS and no irritation. The blade still feels more agricultural than a GSB or a Voskhod (and certainly more so than the Polisilver, but there's no denying the result!

Back
Top Bottom