SOTD : Saturday 3rd April to Friday 9th April 2021.

Greetings Peoples, great and small.

Here's my SOTD.
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Gillette Saloon.
Razor: Journeyman Handle / AliExpress oversized head.
Cream: Cella, Aloe Vera.
Bowl: Large Stoneware Thingy.
Brush: Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole.
IMG_20210409_230547.jpg

So I decided to go for the Mixed razor today. The Journeyman Handle with the Oversized head from AliExpress. I say oversized I believe it's a copy of the de89 but just slightly longer so there is absolutely no overhang. Which does make it a little tricky to get the blade to sit perfect as there is a little play on the nubs that hold it. But a little faffing gets it where it needs to be. So that was that ready to go.
I put a nice dollop of cream in the bottom of the bowl, wet the brush and started to lather..... Something went wrong..... Way way too much water, added more cream.... Still really watery. No idea what happened, never had that happen before. Washed the bowl and brush out and started again with a practically dry brush. And added drops of water. Eventually I had a very thick and creamy lather that easily did three passes.
The combination of a brand new WS/G saloon blade in that head ment for a medium aggressive feel. Very noisy feedback even on the third pass. Wonder if it will settle down on the next use, or is it just a one off rough blade....? No nicks however and an almost BBS.
Well I finished off with the Nivea 2 phase which hardly stung at all.
All in all not a bad shave, just s little peculiar that's all....

Night All.

9C1EF412-B7D0-4197-B521-CFAC3848C7A4.jpeg
Pre: bluebeards revenge preshave oil massage (3 hours before) , proraso green preshave cream
Brush: yaqi 24mm 2band badger
Soap: Wickham soap apricus
Razor: Rockwell 6s R4
Blade: qshave #1
Post: cold water splash, brut as and finish with apricus balm

close and comfortable shave without errors to report.

Another decent shave, however this one wasn’t as close as usual. Decided to try out the q-shave blade.... it was quite smooth, however seems to not be sharp enough. At ATG pass it was tugging a little bit. Decided to throw it out after the shave, since life is too short for such blades :)

happy with close and comfortable shave this time .... it just means I can have another shave sooner :)

Добро пожаловать на мое бритье с темой 'War and pieces'

View attachment 67863

Сельскохозяйственное орудие - Ikon SE
Кованые из старых тракторов - Titan Mild
Славная кисть - Wee whisky barrel
Мыло для очищения принцессы хелен - MDC Fougere
Аромат для фермеров - Extro Arzachena

Google translate? God knows what I might have just written but it does remind me of its early days when I wrote to a Mexican friend.

'Is that true Chris, you really do have tapeworms?'

A first outing with the new purchase from the BST in the Martin De Candre Fougere. Expectations were high. Expectations met. An absolutely superb soap with a beautiful air about it. Doesn't quite leave the same level of scent as the rose but damn good. Whatever you look for in a soap the MDC delivers, and with a real sense of luxury.

@Blademonkey you really do need to try MDC. You really do

The razor? Sometimes life needs a dangerous slant and a touch of madness. I can do both happily. In the case of the Ikon SE both can be well provided for as previous experiences had me looking like an extra in a slash movie. Face the devil (everyday in the mirror) and take more care and attention. A lighter touch, a kid gloves approach and things started to make sense. In fact, very much so. Three careful passes to one extremely close shave. So close I'd say it was teetering on the edge of being ridiculously close. But shit, it felt brilliant even if a tad extreme.

A splash of Witch Hazel, a massage of L'Occitane Cade aftershave balm and I can honestly say 'Wow!'. I seem to have figured out this bastard son of a razor and feeling chuffed. So happy I decided to dance like a Cossack while fueled on two litres of aftershave splash.

Indeed I was in pieces but felt I'd won the Ikon war.

So time to let loose with the usual ladies from Japan except this time with an unusual angle of synchronised dancing while hammering out thrash metal. Saki the superb guitarist from Marysblood.

I prefer the original Saki, the literary alias of H H Munro, short story author extraordinary. Shredni Vashtar is a fine example of his work and style. Sadly he died in the trenches in 1916, his last words, as a Sergeant to one of his troops one night, were; "Put that bloody cigarette out!" Just before he was shot by a German sniper.

Back
Top Bottom