SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

962C4E3D-6B48-4600-92E2-DF0E68574E3C.jpeg

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California face scrub.

Pre: PAA cube unscented.

Soap: Tabac.

Brush: ZENITH unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE

Razor: Karve D plate

Blade: Astra SP

I love this razor but this plate will need to be saved for when I have a couple of days growth! It wasn’t harsh but I can normally do a 3 pass shave daily with a mild razor and this was just a touch too much. Regardless I still think it was great, and has gone to the top of my razor pile.

Last edited:
Friday 6th August

AM-JKLX6RrFk6QpAf4B4y1BzqiPEyvyHAs2rtuWYiFHA2Jx3z65xQM-7bEr4ywgdbUGMEOE6uwl4HLO6VH9ppD5Rd1NzTlUAm8ItH-UZFqYk12ltPAGxvWaxArYDTASPUluT5yb6xGhu9ynKpdAOKeLwEznxtw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Boots Albany Mentholated (Vintage) Shaving Soap
Kent Infinity+ Silvertex Shaving Brush
Ever Ready 1924 (Brass)
GEM by Personna Stainless PTFE (5)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

In line with some notes I made about this Boots Albany Mentholated soap when I first test lathered it, in use this evening for a shave it is indeed a thick producing lather! Thickest I've seen! Mentholated? Yes, but not in the modern sense of the word, which is just too much and your face hurts; this is a gentle cooling waft of loveliness that punctuated the shave as the lather is moved around or shaved over. Truly delightful!

I then had a shower and inadvertently got my new EcoWarrior shampoo bar on my freshly shaved face, a soap which has orange and ginger essential oils in the mix! Yes, that brought some heat. All is well, though, with a good splash of Jovan Musk after drying off. Hey @RussellR5555 if you're struggling to find some love for Tabac, give this one a wide berth!
Tell me about the handle, does the name start with an "S"?

Friday 6th August

AM-JKLX6RrFk6QpAf4B4y1BzqiPEyvyHAs2rtuWYiFHA2Jx3z65xQM-7bEr4ywgdbUGMEOE6uwl4HLO6VH9ppD5Rd1NzTlUAm8ItH-UZFqYk12ltPAGxvWaxArYDTASPUluT5yb6xGhu9ynKpdAOKeLwEznxtw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Boots Albany Mentholated (Vintage) Shaving Soap
Kent Infinity+ Silvertex Shaving Brush
Ever Ready 1924 (Brass)
GEM by Personna Stainless PTFE (5)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

In line with some notes I made about this Boots Albany Mentholated soap when I first test lathered it, in use this evening for a shave it is indeed a thick producing lather! Thickest I've seen! Mentholated? Yes, but not in the modern sense of the word, which is just too much and your face hurts; this is a gentle cooling waft of loveliness that punctuated the shave as the lather is moved around or shaved over. Truly delightful!

I then had a shower and inadvertently got my new EcoWarrior shampoo bar on my freshly shaved face, a soap which has orange and ginger essential oils in the mix! Yes, that brought some heat. All is well, though, with a good splash of Jovan Musk after drying off. Hey @RussellR5555 if you're struggling to find some love for Tabac, give this one a wide berth!
Razor handle what is it???

Razor handle what is it???
It's a copy of a Swing handle made by a chap who posted here? ATG? as Red Horseman. He was some manner of machinist and spent his dinner hour making razor handles for us.

I have this brass one for my favourite 1924 and a couple of stainless steel one with the earlier thread and one with the later thread.

AM-JKLWQhk4qg5mOA0Qthu5uiHi8cJLgCadiqmn_kL3AUEMawV8WoYbjUSkYrvDK5LK8atg-s5CMX9dwIsrvw4eStHQa_mrjgieb1P2NKBmleq3xWEYoo6uPGbJfzPhPBKgdKNpTonY8Kv4Optau9yfNn1lO6A=w600

Back
Top Bottom