SOTD : Saturday 30th January to Friday 05nd February 2021.

We’re back boys i thought Boris sent the forum in to lockdown :ROFLMAO:
Feather = AS-D2
Blade = London Bridge
Brush = Yaqi Sagrada 24mm
Soap = OSP Sandlewood
Splash = Boots Freshwood
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy.
A Brilliant shave this one and a first for me with the OSP. I loved the scent of this the minute i got it although my wife wasn’t keen, it’s not an overly powerful scent i would say 6/10 although it’s superb.
Once the actual soap developed the wife realised it was class.
I bloomed this slightly and the water from it i used as a preshave. Genuinely i could have got away with no soap but 10 swirls later i had a wonderful lather. The soap Itself was a great performer and instantly one of my favourites, The Slickness is definitely the best iv tried and a straight 10 with the lather also. My only regret now with this soap is i didn’t buy a second or even the matching splash.
Getting on to the Blade, another first for me
London Bridge 8-9/10. Again one of the best blades iv tried for a while, Shave 2 & 3 will determine how good they are but first shave wise it was class,
Truly was a great shave this one. i was going to stick with the rex but changed my mind at the last minute. iv now decided to use one razor per month.
Stay Safe Lads
79B075DF-88B0-46D2-9457-FBEF4F2D1C54.png

05/02/21
4 for Feb
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Signature Soap Danum
Razor: Kasho Kai Folder
Blade: Kai Titan Pink (1)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Signature Soap Danum
Wk 5 (5) fri.JPG
A nice shave today with the Kai Folder, a wonderful lather from the Danum soap, a great scent.
I find this folder more forgiving than its Feather SS cousins, especially fitted with a "PINK".
I completed a 2 pass shave routine for a DFS++ finish
A nice post shave finishing with @BrianH 's splash, it really is good "face food"
A happy "Hippy smelling" shaver today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Friday 5th

Soap - L'Occitane
Brush - Simpson Colonel
Razor - John Rawson & Gillette British Tech No.77 set
Blade - Feather
Balm - T&H Trafalgar

The soap was a bit of a disaster so I did two passes with the J.Rawson and the Tech saved the day with a quick clean up pass. Back to croap tomorrow...

20210205_103645.jpg

Friday 5th

Soap - L'Occitane
Brush - Simpson Colonel
Razor - John Rawson & Gillette British Tech No.77 set
Blade - Feather
Balm - T&H Trafalgar

The soap was a bit of a disaster so I did two passes with the J.Rawson and the Tech saved the day with a quick clean up pass. Back to croap tomorrow...

View attachment 64294
What don’t you like about the soap,
i last tried it a couple of years ago and liked it a lot

Friday AM 2021-02-05
National Bubble Gum Day
JHLqLL0.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow) + Bulgarian Rose Absolute/Hydrosol
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Copper
Wilkinson London Bridge (11)
Dopo Barba di Camaldoli

The rose mix really livened up the scent of the old shaving soap, and the lather was great. Although smooth, the P075-SB razor definitely has more friction on the skin and more auditory feedback than the steel or copper P076-SB. It feels somewhat more blocky and requires more pressure to be efficient. However, the end result is exactly the same: a BBS shave. After I used the aftershave and a touch of Trumper Portugal, my wife commented that the whole area of the house smelled great.
WPN8MVn.jpg

Good evening gents. I hope you’re all well.

Right I know you’ve missed my professional standards of sublime shaving photographs so fear not. They’re back tonight. (Back catalogue available on request).

Soap - TOBS Tobacco Leaf
Razor - Progress 2 then 3 and 3
Blade - Nacet #5
Brush - Yaqi Timberwolf
Post - P&B Spitfire
Splash - P&B Spitfire

An excellent shave this evening. An almond size amount of cream produced an enormous amount of excellent quality lather.
The blade seems to pair up with the progress really well and there’s plenty of life there yet.

Stay safe everyone. 3E3A2573-A185-488C-B28F-4ADD531DC7F2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom