SOTD : Saturday 30th December 2017 - Friday 5th January 2018.

Soap Meissner Morrocan, Astra blade and Mùhle Rocca razor.

A pre shave face lather with a very thin lather with the Meissner then a proper lather with this lively soap.

At last, I seem to be getting somewhere with this razor after using it for the past week.. I think I'd been thinking about the angle too much and it suddenly felt right today. No nicks or cuts, just a smooth close shave.

No need for alum or balm.

Sunday...

Soap - Valobra Menthol
Brush - RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
Razor - Gem Flat Head Top
Blade - Gem SS
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Fine Platinum

Nice no fuss final shave of 2017. The Valobra Menthol is a great non-tallow soap and leaves a lovely post-shave feel; enhanced by the menthol in the Platinum.

The Gem gave a smooth close shave. I know that some claim it to be ‘mild' but getting the angle right (which is easy with this one) renders it smooth and efficient. 3 passes and no buffing necessary.

All the best for the bells and beyond, everyone.

Stephen

SOTD: 31st December 2017.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Yardley of London ~English Lavender Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: APShaveCo ~ Cashmere synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Blue's Goat Milk.

Blade: Gillette W.S. Saloon Pack. (2)

Razor: Manlystuff~ The Knight MN 202.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/Aloe Vera Gel.

Brut ~ Attraction Totale A/S.

Greetings,

New year's eve shave.

It's amazing how quick the year has gone for me,in that time though i've had some sublime shaves from my traditional wet shaving passion, of which i will carry on into 2018.

A wonderful end of the year shave set up which resulted in a very enjoyable new year's eve 3 pass + pick ups DFS.

Finishing the last shave of 2017 in style with a very generous splash of Brut ~ Attraction Totale. A/S...superb stuff.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.

To all of TSR members best wishes for 2018.

Stay safe,warm and enjoy the New year's eve festivities, ladies & gentlemen.

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash
Wickhams 1912 Classic 24
Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip (face lather)
Merkur 37C
Astra SP (3)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Fine Platinum Aftershave
Aloe Vera Gel

A great last shave of the year. I have committed myself to a ‘No Purchases' policy for 2018. So I may spend the rest of the day ‘browsing' certain shaving suppliers sites. Enjoy your Sunday chaps.

~ 31st December New Years Eve Shave ~

Pre - Shower / L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Face Wash / Hot Towel
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Vintage Jewel Super Stainless (Made in England)
Brush - Simpson Commodore X3 Best Badger
Soap - Haslinger Calendula
Post - L'Oreal Men Expert All in 1 Post Shave + Face Care Moisturising Cream
EDT - Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico

Wishing You All a Happy New Year

Last edited:
NYE;

Variant - #4.5
Voskhod - #2
YaQi 2-band fan
Frankincense & Myrrh

Cracking shave this morning. Water was ice-cold straight from the tap and this fantastic brush gave me a phenomenal lather! So soft, so capable. Couple that with the sweet and resinous Stirling and you're onto a winner!

Happy new year folks, let's hope it will outshine 2017!

Yesterday's shave as I didn't have time to post it as I was "out-out".

Prep: Hot shower, L'Oreal Charcoal face wash and Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica bath soap
Razor: ATT S2
Razor blade: Polsilver (2)
Brush: Simpsons Manchurian Captain
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
EDP: Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extrême

First shave for five days!
Wasn't sure what razor to use but decied upon the S2. Paired with the Polsilver blade it removed the stubble with ease. Super smooth and super efficient. I do ask myself why I feel the need to look for another razor.

First time with MDC Fougère. The scent is one of the most complex I've come across. I'm not going to even try to attempt to describe the scent.
It changed/developed a number of times throughout the shave. Really like the scent and one I look forward to getting to know further.
Performance was very good but I should have loaded my brush for longer. I did (just) have enough for the shave though. Post shave feel was very good and added with a liberal splash of Pitralon.

One of the very best shaves of the year.

So we've come to the end of another year....
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who takes the time and effort to post in SOTD section. I find it the most interesting (and expensive) sections on the forum. The photos and write-ups are always a pleasure to read. :notworthy:

I'd like to wish you all a happy and healthy 2018.

I'll leave you with my top two tracks from my favourite albums of 2017. I could have picked any track off either album. Hopefully me posting these videos haven't annoyed anyone too much.

Happy New Year Gents.
Cheers
Rob