SOTD : Saturday 30th April - Friday 6th May 2022.

SOTD - Wednesday 04 May 2022

Star wars day - May the 4th be with you, always :)

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Wright's cold tar soap, followed by cold water splash and Truefitt & Hill Pre-shave oil.
Cream: Truefill & Hill Indian Lime.
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 - Synthetic.
Razor: Edwin Jagger - 3ONE6.
Blade: Gillette Winner (day 1).
Post: Cold water splash, D R Harris Pink Aftershave, Truefitt & Hill 1805, followed by a liberal spray of Truefitt & Hill 1805.

I have been enjoying slow horses - Garry Oldman as Jackson Lamb is amazing - one of the characters was getting a shave at - Truefitt & Hill; I have never used their products before and curiousity got the better of me; loved the Indian lime shaving cream as a starter and then branched out. Many thanks to @Ian T at the Gentleman's Groom room for stocking such a fine array of Truefitt & Hill and for taking the time to listen to my woes and for his humanity and advice - much appreciated.

Sadly, my Dad is slowly slipping away - he is comfortable, and it is a matter of making the best of the time we have left. At the moment, one of the few things that he looks forward to is a shave - he has never commented on that before, but he feels set up for the day and happy after a good shave. Sadly, he is unable to shave with carts anymore and is getting an electric razor, but still. (I appreciate that when it comes to choice of shaving gear everyones milage may vary :)).

To cheer myself up, I also got a Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 razor, after seeing that on Shave of the Day - an amazing shave - smooth, efficient, effective - at the moment I feel that this is a great daily driver with the performance of the Rocca v4, but kinder on the skin (not that the Rocca is bad).

The Star wars shave today was amazing - 2 passes of joy - BBS finish, without looking for that. The hardware and the software both combined very well - a joyous affair!

Unfortunately, my mum is also now seriously ill; sadly she had a significant seziure 4 weeks ago, which lasted for more than an hour; she is back home but a shadow of her former self.

Wishing everyone all the best - I am sorry for not posting for a while - I had hoped to be posting more regularly but life had changed again. I drop in and the posts here cheer me up no end.

All the best,

Chris

Hi Chris,
Sorry to hear of the challenging times you and your family are going through. I wish you all the best.

BTW. The Edwin Jagger 3one6 is turning out to be my favourite razor.

Take care mate.
Cheers
Rob ✊

IMG_0937.jpg

I was cleaning out my under-sink cupboard and found a nearly forgotten collection of soaps and creams. Many were from LEA but I also found three tubes of Palmolive cream with Palm Extract. I remember buying these when I first started DE shaving, but they were soon cast aside in a torrent of artisan soap buying.

That was foolish, as the Palmolive is truly excellent and very inexpensive. It smells nice, lathers really well from a tiny dollop and provides great slickness. I used far too much in my Semogue, so much so, that I was clogging the ASD2 after only a couple of strokes. It’s going to be used a lot more in future shaves.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Feather ASD2
Blade: Feather (3)
Soap: Palmolive Cream
Brush: Semogue Owners Club
Pre-shave: Water
Post-shave: Bart’s Balm Lime
Bowl: Face lather

I know exactly what you mean. I've got a tube of Palmolive that I got early on and I have forsaken it for all manner of exotic or artisan hard soaps but when you're in a hurry or in the mood for easy peasy it's hard to beat and you do wonder if the scent of your latest soap really is worth the extra £17.49! That said I do enjoy my rotation but it doesn't have to be ££.

Back
Top Bottom