SOTD : Saturday 2nd April - Friday 8th April 2022.

yaD0iVu.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger;
Soap: Musgo Real Classic
Razor: Above The Tie S1 / UFO Tornado
Blade: NOS Iridium Super BN-84 (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Green Freeze Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Musgo Real Classic Cologne

Musgo Real soap flies a little under the radar, but it is a very good soap. It is the type of soap that, once you've lathered up, you never seem to go back to the puck, as it creates so much quality lather. Excellent post shave, and of course that wonderful Musgo Real Classic scent.
A damn fine shave!

Friday 8th April

AM-JKLVarLBFBEQy54Nini4hrrLcX8oHUYY7e3La3AYL83PzJq_VPUHeGvHSGqa5bOrqjlJ3FRSn6bGfTObYHLPWPGIspRHRe0iHMoWMX7hQLVLP_6EWM4I5BPl4MzdoDjLehcwDfbaDNEeCVEtn9NYlahmNhw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
The Mighty Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Butterscotch w/Blonde Boar 24mm
GEM 1912 Made in England & GEM by Personna (5)
Harvard Sandalwood Aftershave

Another super 1912 that really suits me ...

It's the 1940s British 1912 under the (American) GEM brand, made in England for the Australian market. The bakelite handle is original.

AM-JKLUNTFCpSZfvQJ4CU_CpK4HhOZ5YntrvVFXWHRKUJPhOnNjxmsbeBwMXdkmqWBXhphtUxYnjVnUq4iud7VSufZNtF40ocPhY0e0vtQF4Nw3vDlZIuw5vzknfPRV2rq1kVC9IgjXIp3LxRyAumvd71s8pLw=w600

AM-JKLXbGpo1MOSmxfvka5qXPBoywR7mF8lBPeX8049TAbeTqS8PJOFDcvdlopeEtt0zKDuDy1xjksubQ6gJwZwycZHEzHA9Jf_8SrhxWj5D2G9rgDDVcUjEJeduUoZ7FyZykflVfCXtoZY2Wb3LrBEsc4l-PQ=w600

Good morning to all! Unable to post yesterday due to being called away on very short notice to assist in a private SAR for some missing divers...Was with one of the families to conduct the private SAR. The conclusion was both happy and sad...
Fri 8 SOTD
Soap Stirling Gin & Tonic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Clubman Gents Gin
The soap would have been perfect if the scent is stronger...otherwise, the lather was thickly creamy and very slick...
Today's shave with this razor paired with the excellent blade at the max setting 9 for 3passes was amazingly good. Super smooth comfortable & very efficient...easy for a lasting bbs finish. Very very enjoyable... The aftershave matched very well and was just great...
20220408_232257.jpg
Sat 9 SOTD
Soap Lothur Dave
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Super Adjustable U-1
Blade Gillette Winner Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Lothur Dave Splash
This is an amazing soap. Not easy to lather but the result is really really good! Needs plenty of water...becoming a richly creamy and very slick lather...look at the sheen...wow! The scent is however too light for me...
Another great shave with this razor paired with the excellent blade. Easy, super smooth, and crisp in 3passes at max setting 9 for a bbs finish with some micro red spots...bummer! The aftershaves were good too.
20220409_102639.jpg

Saturday 9th April

Boti 24mm 3BB - OSP Neroli - FaTip Lo Storto OC/Treet Platinum #7 - Bowling Green EDT

I am now in uncharted territory with regard to DE Blades. The Treet Platinum just keeps delivering and I am tempted to keep pushing.
3 smooth and close passes for yet another 'Face Feeler'
I'm a "two and done" kinda guy who almost always finds the third shave lacking with most blades and definitely regrets a fourth shave. With the Treet Platinum, I will consistently get four shaves of absolutely equal standard and the blade will go on for more comfortably. Yeah, see if it'll do 10 for you ...

Back
Top Bottom