SOTD Saturday 29nd Aug to Friday 4th Sept 2020

Happy birthday Shubs! Somehow I managed to miss the bit of text that said 'Birthday Shave'. Maybe my wife is right....

Day 4 of Signature September

Razor- Rex Ambassador
Blade- Super Shave X
Brush- Omega 10077 Synthetic
Soap- Signature Coria
Post- Thayers Cucumber & Barts Balm, Amber and Moroccan Jasmine

An easy 2 pass shave on setting 2 today.
Seen plenty of good reviews on this blade and got a pack when I bought the razor so gave them a go. Smooth enough blade but not as sharp as some big name brands. In that price range they rate a very good purchase in my eyes.

Got the lather just right today with a synthetic brush so an all round decent shave.

To the men whose birthday is today, many happy returns.

Happy Friday one and all.

The shave with the theme 'Clash of the Titans'

https://giphy.com/WUeeGwT8d8KFa
Scary stuff

Zeus - Occams Enoch
Ares - Kai Titan mild
Athena - Extro Arancia Italiana
Perseus - RazoRock 400
Aphrodite - Hermes Concentre D'Orange Verte

I have been somewhat errant from SOTD reporting duties this week as I have been up to my neck in work and new personnel. Plus I am rubbish. Here is my 'Clash of the Titans' from this week. My little tug boat vs the might of the 'Atlantic Sea'. Face off time and 'come and have a go if you think you're hard enough'.

Clash of the Titans. Big, angry, destructive, warmongering, annihilation and somehow we manage to introduce the word 'mild'. Ummmpphhh a big deflating event with Zeus kicking ass with handbags at 50 paces.

This is the second time out with this new to me Kai and in the terms of the Enoch an amazing blade which manages to tame its rather aggressive stance. Smooth as you like and like shaving with no blade at all, except, it does a damn fine job at clearing facial fuzz. A very mild yet effective piece of sharpened stainless steel. This blade allows the the Enoch to be flung around at God like speed without any threat of collateral facial damage or possible removal of vital organs. Three very quick and easy passes to a bloody wonderful shaving workout.

This has been a good week with the Extro as I desperately try to polish off the jar so I can clear some space for a new soap (something very nice) and so I can open the new tub of Arancia Italiana waiting in the wings. This is one soap I can always rely upon to deliver a superior lather and very suited towards the 400. A wonderful double act
https://giphy.com/cIyvmyAbhRZkk4FOCV A not a wonderful double act involving a pair of pillocks.

So one great shave and a very happy man here.

https://giphy.com/2obZgQhen41lm
A great start to the weekend and I wish the same for every one of you out there. Have a great one chaps and chapesses.

A weekend free of some Japanese girles? No chance. From a few nights back a band called Lost Road and I am quite sure that the whole 'live from a school hall' is a bit of piss take but I really do like their almost Ramones style guitar playing and gang vocals. Something just seems to work. Enjoy

Happy Birthday

I've been trying to find one of those Omega S-brushes with the green acrylic base but I can only find pure bristle, not synthetic...where can I get one in the UK with a synth knot?

Yup...I reckon Yaqi are making some of the best brushes out there atm...but I'm a bit OCD when it comes to 'green' stuff. Add 'green' to 'shaving' and I get the shivers!

Try this one , best Synthetic knots going in my opinion. The price is Canadian Dollars