SOTD : Saturday 27th February to Friday 05th March 2021

Thank you Paul!

The CC bowl is a great bowl even though I have to adjust my technique :giggle: to keep the lather in the bowl!
Hi @Sig Solo,
Is yours the Ceramic copper version of the Captains Choice bowl ? it has a lovely rolled top edge.
Mine is the heavyweight copper bowl and the edge is not fully rolled as per photo below, Scott from CC sent it from the USA shop for me.

T

Wk 6 6. Thurs.JPG

Last edited:
Today's shave with theme 'I just can't be arsed'

IMG_20210226_200741.jpg

:sleep: - Stainless Colonial General V2
:rolleyes: - Schick Proline
:censored: - Alpha Wickhams Artic Fox
:whistle: - Signature Soaps Hibernia
:oops: - Abbate y Mantia splash

An early morning start and in need of some sleep so a quick fleeting visit and an even quicker bit of scribble.

Did it all work? Absofuckinglutely.

So a giphy of some lady knitting to keep things in the usual tone

And some Japanese ladies to rock your nads off.

qDAuZr8.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: Jabonman Mediterraneo
Razor:Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Super Iridium BN-84 (1)
Scent: Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Three passes and I was BBS, with no touch-ups required.
Really nice soap - very slick, and a lovely scent with Barbershop and Fougère notes.

Hi @Sig Solo,
Is yours the Ceramic copper version of the Captains Choice bowl ? it has a lovely rolled top edge.
Mine is the heavyweight copper bowl and the edge is not fully rolled as per photo below, Scott from CC sent it from the USA shop for me.

T

View attachment 65551
Tony, CC have two choices of copper metal bowl, the standard at 6oz with the rolled edge and the heavyweight at 10oz with the flared edge, I'm guessing that's the one that you have.

Paul.

Pre: hot bath and shower, hair conditioner on the beard
Brush: omega 49 boar
Soap: tabac
Razor: Gillette fatboy (3)
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Post : cold water, alum, cold water again, tabac aftershave lotion

midday shave - was a nice easy dfs with no errors. Slightest feedback from alum in usual places. Nice shave and finished off with tabac aftershave - quite enjoying this scent, kinda reminds me of when my uncle from Germany was coming over to visit when I was a kid - wonder if he was using that !

I have been looking at that one and am interested. I enjoy my Omega 49 but would prefer a lower loft.

I'm still very early days with it, I think 7 shaves and it's breaking in very nicely. I've not used a 49, but I have used a 10066 spec brushes (which are 24mm/55mm), and the Wild Hog (26mm, 57mm) is a bit like a 10066 with a little extra for feel and function so far.

It's out of stock at Shaving Time now, but at £6.51 it's a pretty good buy.

I'm still very early days with it, I think 7 shaves and it's breaking in very nicely. I've not used a 49, but I have used a 10066 spec brushes (which are 24mm/55mm), and the Wild Hog (26mm, 57mm) is a bit like a 10066 with a little extra for feel and function so far.

It's out of stock at Shaving Time now, but at £6.51 it's a pretty good buy.
I am on an Amazon waiting list for £7.99 delivered.

Back
Top Bottom