SOTD : Saturday 26th March - Friday 1st April 2022.

SOTD : 26th March 2022.

13.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather:The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Shaving Cream.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS. (5)
Razor: Supply Razor V2.

Cold water Face & Head Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Baylis & Harding Sandalwood & Amber ASB./Oud 24 Hours EDP.

Greetings,

Face & Head shave.

A new shave set up to start the weekend.. I have mentioned on many occasions that The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe shaving cream never fails to provided me with a smooth protective slick lather in no time leaving a superb post shave feel....This cream gives the best protective slickness, and post shave feel that i have had from any shaving cream that i have tried to date...Superb Stuff!

The Supply Razor V2. mowed through my face and head stubble effortlessly.

Another close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Oud 24 Hours EDP to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 26 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Hibernia New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Feather AC Clone Kamisori
Blade Feather Professional 1st
Aftershave Signature Soaps Hibernia Splash New 1st Use
I have had wanted to try this soap for a long time and finally, thanks to Brian, a few with some generous extras landed in my shave den after a long journey. 1st Use and I am very impressed and super pleased. The scent is lemony-grassy & very uplifting at mid-strength. The lather was terrific...richly thick, creamy and wow slickness...love it!! Can't wait to use the rest...
The shave with this excellent travel Kamisori paired with the blade was fantastic...so easy so smooth so comfortable (aided by the lather) and very efficient! 3passes for a mostly bbs finish...wow! The matching aftershave was just as great...overall an awesome travel shave!
20220326_084900.jpg

Today's shave:

rdt22032643k88.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Paganini's Violin
- Nightdivers Purple/Blue Swirl Silvertip
- Mühle Rytmo with Feather blade
- Tüff red aftershave

:D

Saturday 26th March

Mühle 23mm Kosmo STF V1 - Fitjar Havn - Gillette Service FBT/Treet Durasharp (Blue) - Bananna Republic Cypress Cedar

Today I was off on a little 'Island Hopping' and first port of call was Havn. Thanks to James @Rohleder for supplying the Flat Bottomed Tech.
The shave was both smooth and close and I am 'well chuffed'.:)

Last edited:
277072940_298995599032304_1635545921035855952_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Barocco
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (3)

Lovely finish today - the calming nature of the rose should hopefully help me cope with a 6yr old's birthday party this afternoon! :oops:

IMG_20220326_095328_2.jpg
SOTD 26th March

Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Souplex
Soap - Valobra stick
Brush - Simpson synthetic
Post - Thayer's astringent
Frag - Ajmal Black deer musk

My first use of a DE razor for a while, I need not have worried because all was well and was left with a really close shave with no blood loss! :)
A quick splash of Thayer's astringent as an aftershave followed by a few drops of the wonderful Ajmal Black deer musk oil to my pulse points, lovely!
The sun is shining, the weather is sweet, have a great day chaps.

Paul.

SOTD 26-Mar
20220325_122618.jpg
Brush: Simpson Captain 2
Soap: A&E Warrior of Howling Fjord
Razor: Schick Injector
Blade: Proline B-20

Picked up a schick on the cheap a little while ago but only got around to trying it now. This is a new one for me, apart from the Parker InjRzr I haven't tried an injector before.

First thing that hit me, wow this bugger is loud. First pass WTG I thought someone had turned on the lawnmower, to my surprise though it had left a ton behind. Second pass XTG just as loud but getting there, third pass ATG and the finish isn't too bad. Unfortunately not a spot on what I can achieve with a quick two pass with other razors.

I'm going to put this down to familiarity though and keep trying, with its relative popularity it has to be that rather than a case of 'all mouth and no trousers'.

Anyway, hope everyone has a cracking weekend!

Cheers

Marc

26 March

PAA Dapper Doc’s
PAA The Green Ray
Karve Christopher Bradley
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

A4040CC6-7A76-45FF-98B6-D85699148FDB.jpeg
The PAA brush is almost an opposite to the Simpson Chubby I used yesterday, and it created a rather different lather for the Karve. A thick and creamy lather and a still sharp Feather blade resulted in a close and very comfortable shave this morning.

Back
Top Bottom