SOTD : Saturday 26th March - Friday 1st April 2022.

26/03/22
Pre - Pears Transparent original face wash
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - 1912 Irish Fern
Razor - Blackland ERA #3
Blade - Gillette Perma - sharp
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk13 (1).JPG
This really is a very smooth, efficient razor, razor and blade a nice pairing.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Saturday, 26 March

PreShave: Warm to hot water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade GSB (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My usual Saturday setup, but I used a GSB for the first time. It provided a smooth, effortless shave—I’ll see about its longevity over the course of the week. Have a good weekend, folks.

C82A6D99-942B-4540-BF81-53A8D9BF4649.jpeg
SOTD: 26/03/2022

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works The Bandit
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 4th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: OSP Herb Garden Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Macdui Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Back to the solid bar for what was the best shave so far. I’m still almost BBS at midday 3 and a half hours after the shave. I’m going to have one last goodbye shave tomorrow and then clean up and pass it on. I know we’re allowed a couple of weeks but I’m not sure I can add much more. It’s shaves amazing well, smooth, close and efficient I certainly don’t want any other de razor after this and the Hone!

Razor = Wolfman Pass Around
Blade = Gem
Brush = Wild West Brush Works The Keyhole
Soap = DG Contemplation with matching splash
Balm = Baxter Of California
5CCEA12A-1571-4EEC-8DC1-CA2A14511E4B.jpeg
Another shave for me with the Wolfman & a truly wonderful shave.
and an appropriate name for the soap Contemplation as i sit here thinking do i need a se razor lol.
The shave was fantastic but there’s something at the back of my mind telling me the razor is not for me.
The only real issue i have is underneath the nose but that’s probably my problem rather than the razor itself.
At my age of 55 this Razor is probably the most expensive i’ll ever try, i just can’t see me spending this kind of money on a razor.
Don’t get me wrong i would spend it but the razor has to capture my head and Wolfman as a product just doesn't do it for me.
Perhaps i need a go on a DE who knows.
I think with the workmanship & craftsmanship that goes in to these razors i feel they are very difficult to criticise and this razor is just so efficient.
On to the Soap
When i first tried DG the scents didn’t do anything for me, i wasn’t quite keen but the performance you can’t argue with.
The more i use them the more i’m starting to understand the scents.
Stay Safe Lads
Onwards & Upwards

Saturday AM 2022-03-26
National Wear a Hat Day
9TP8qkm.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XL Porcelain Finest (30/52)
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (17)
Penhaligon's English Fern aftershave

There isn't much that is better than a Pen's English Fern shave.
lSfWjv9.jpg

Evening all,

Prep, hot water and flannel
Soap, Lea Stick
Music, Tears for Fears
Brush, Simpsons Trafalgar T2 24mm Synthetic
Razor, Razorock Lupo 95
Blade, Silver Super Stainless Lords (3rd and final use)
A/S, Lider Classic

So an interesting one today. And I’m interested in others experiences with Lea Sticks and the brush in question.

I applied the stick and then face lathered. Not hugely frothy or thick. A lot of drop offs / drips. After a while I had a surface to work on. But to me the brush didn’t feel right for for face lathering, with this stick. A nice inoffensive scent, very old school.

I am certainly going to try bowl lathering with this brush and a cream and soap.

Although I was happy with the end results. Zero issues, no nicks / cuts / weepers or irritation. A close and clean shave.

I’ll try the Beehive and Boti with the Lea Stick and see if they are more appropriate.

Have a good evening all.

Best,

Ben

Last edited:
Evening all,

Prep, hot water and flannel
Soap, Lea Stick
Music, Tears for Fears
Brush, Simpsons Trafalgar T2 24mm Synthetic
Razor, Razorock Lupo 95
Blade, Silver Super Stainless Lords (3rd and final use)
A/S, Lider Classic

So an interesting one today. And I’m interested in others experiences with Lea Sticks and the brush in question.

I applied the stick and then face lathered. Not hugely frothy or thick. A lot of drop offs / drips. After a while I had a surface to work on. But to me the brush didn’t feel right for for face lathering, with this stick. A nice inoffensive scent, very old school.

I am certainly going to try bowl lathering with this brush and a cream and soap.

Although I was happy with the end results. Zero issues, no nicks / cuts / weepers or irritation. A close and clean shave.

I’ll try the Beehive and Boti with the Lea Stick and see if they are more appropriate.

Have a good evening all.

Best,

Ben
What do you think of the Lupo?

Back
Top Bottom