SOTD : Saturday 26th March - Friday 1st April 2022.

Fri 1st SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Robin Clear Handle
Razor Gillette Super Adjustable U-1 1974
Blade Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + RazoRock Mudder Focker Splash
I really like this soap for the nice unique scent and the awesome lather qualities...today's was just too good! Thick, rich, creamy, and very slick!
This is an excellent razor and still works very well although a bit mild for me so with an added shim together with the blade at setting 9...it was very easy, enjoyable, and satisfying. 3passes for a dfs++ result without any issues. The matching aftershave was great! I finally got it after a very looooong wait.
20220401_084550.jpg

My Retirement Day, :giggle:
so it would have been my last working day shave, if i had not been off with Covid, still testing positive this morning?
Anyway:-
Congratulations and best wishes!! Nothing like waking up late and only thinking about SOTD and not about work...don't retire from shaving and posting here...
Unfortunately its a few more months for me....the end of July.
Lucky you...July will arrive in a breeze. Officially I still have another 3.5 years to go...may opt for early retirement...thinking 'bout seriously:LOL:

SOTD 01-Apr
20220330_102423.jpg
Brush: Simpsons Captain
Soap: Simpsons Cream
Razor: CG Level 2
Blade: GSB (2)

Decent and close 2 pass finish, wasn't sure what to expect from the cream but it's actually not bad. Not much of a scent to it after throwing on the kilbreck, but it did the job well enough with a fairly substantial lather. It won't kick anything else out of the den but equally won't be quickly thrown into the box of mystery.

I like this Captain Manchurian so thanks again @Boycie83 much prefer this to my Chubby 2 Manchurian!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Friday 1st April
Ever Ready 1924 Patent Anniversary
Ever Ready 1924 - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - Zenith 506 - Speick - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
apupN4K.jpg

31/03/22
so it would have been my last working day shave, if i had not been off with Covid, still testing positive this morning?

Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - Blackland ERA #3
Blade - Gillette Perma - sharp
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
View attachment 86265
That was a great shave, which is easily as close as the SS Karve C from yesterday, do i just need a bit more time with the #3 plate to dial it in? If i can get this level of finish consistently i will be a very happy shaver.
Really smooth 3 passes leaving me very comfortable and BBS without issue, cannot ask for much more than that.

Ukulele Hammock GIF by Northern Illinois University

Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Happy retirement, you will wonder how you managed the time to go to work.

31/03/22

Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - Blackland ERA #3
Blade - Gillette Perma - sharp
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
View attachment 86265
That was a great shave, which is easily as close as the SS Karve C from yesterday, do i just need a bit more time with the #3 plate to dial it in? If i can get this level of finish consistently i will be a very happy shaver.
Really smooth 3 passes leaving me very comfortable and BBS without issue, cannot ask for much more than that.

Ukulele Hammock GIF by Northern Illinois University

Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Enjoy your retirement!

20220401_081222.jpg

Gillette Slim 1964 minter (I believe I am the first to use it), loaded with a Voskhod. Cella soap, which punches far above its weight for the money. Not exactly artisan or complex, it produces an amazing slick lather and the cherry Bakewell smell puts a smile on your face. No wonder the Cella man is called Felice! The PAA Phantom Aerolite is big and soft, whips up a great lather and carries enough for 3 passes.
The shave was smooth and easy. I can't remember if this is the 3rd or 4th outing for the Voskhod but it delivered 3 effective passes with no irritation or nicks even ATG on the top lip.
I can't decide what I think of the Baxter balm. It can sting a bit even though it feels cooling, and leaves a film on your skin. Tabac is not the obvious choice on top of Baxter balm but I just love it. Perhaps Álvarez Gómez would be a better fit but today I just fancied Tabac.

0D0E8301-D6F1-40C7-9DE3-5439D4ED1EEB.jpeg
SOTD: 01/04/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Signature Soaps Londinium
Aftershave: TOBS No. 7 Lime Aftershave
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A thoroughly great shave from the Signature Soap Londinium! Easy to lather, a great post shave feel and the strongest lime scent I’ve tried! It’s just top notch, and should have been tried long ago! Can’t wait to try the rest of my haul.

Mail call shave… new soap + splash and new razor (and first injector)

Prep: Warm Shower
Bowl: Captains choice copper
Brush: AP Shave Co G5C 28mm
Razor: Supply SE V3
Blade: Supply Black
Soap: Nobel Otter Rawr
Splash: Nobel Otter Rawr

This soap has been on the hit list for a while - nice light citrus and mildly floral. Nice scent for spring (or maybe 2nd winter ❄️)

Picked up the supply razor on a whim and have to say I’m surprised how good it is. Very smooth, good close shave with 3 passes (WTG/XTG/ATG) no irritation. Think I’ll be reaching for this razor a lot over the next wee while…4157EE15-2549-4F2B-A561-B8C52E9255C1.jpeg

20220401_082551.jpg
SOTD 1st Apr
Brush - Yaqi Giotto 24mm
Soap - Stirling Arkadia
Razor - Rockwell 6c R5
Blade - Astra SP #3
Post - Oaken Lab balm

The Rockwell never fails to amaze me in how smooth and mild it shaves - but the finish the R5 plate gives is super close. 3 glorious passes coupled with a gorgeous scented super slick lather and this shave couldn't be anything other than glorious.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

Back
Top Bottom