SOTD Saturday 25th November 2017 - Friday 1st December 2017

Sat 25th Nov.

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
P & B Spitfire
Supply SE-V1, on 3 plate
Personna [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Have finally got to grips with the Supply SE, it took me a long time to get the Shaving angle right, and even then the Shaves were somewhat patchy. All has now come good since I started to use a Personna blade. This is a surprise as I did not get on with Personnas too well when I used them in Vintage Injectors.
Pleased to say that this is my Third really good shave with this Razor/Blade combination, attained very comfortably without drama and no post shave problems. I do not have to lash out and buy a more aggressive plate now things seem to be working well for me.

Last edited:
Friday 24th November 2017

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Cobra (on loan)
Blade: Feather Pro (#3)
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip
Soap: Wickham Soap Russian Leather
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Wickham Soap Russian Leather

First shave with the Cobra, very kindly lent to myself by @Digimonkey. It really is a superb razor, it took 3 passes but I could have a got away with 2, but for a first shave I was very impressed. I found it very easy to get the angle straight away and it felt so smooth and effortless, I was quite comfortable with this razor within a few strokes. Looking forward to trying some other blades in this razor while I have it.

It took me a while to get to grips with the SE, once I got the angle right, all clicked. I really enjoy this razor now, so much I went for the v2.0.

Saturday's shave

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Alpha - Grooming, Citrus & Neroli Shaving Oil
Razor - Sabre-SE.
Blade - Gem PTFE (Day 3).
Soap - OSP Grapefruit and Menthol Soap.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Grapefruit and Menthol Splash and Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

A very enjoyable 2 pass shave, BBS finish. Minor razor burn on my neck from the second pass, which dissapeared 20 minutes after the shave.

All the best,

Chris

Give it time, give it time. I think it's more efficient and smoother than the R2.

Last edited:
A stunning Pic and set up my friend.