SOTD Saturday 25th November 2017 - Friday 1st December 2017

Thanks,

Given my blade choice I wasn't expecting a response like that !
Derby extras, have to be the love/hate marmite de blade of the traditional wet shaving community, I for one condemned them with a passion after receiving a nasty nick early this year,. Maybe I got a dud blade. Anyway.. I was ruthless and removed them completely from my de razor blade rotation,and binned every single tuck, however i was going through my blades and noticed I still had a tuck of 5 that I didn't discard, after seeing your set up today, I'm curious I'll give them another try out soon with my trusty merkur 34c HD. Regards

Last edited:
Greetings All,

Wednesday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3P)
Blade: Silver Star (1st)
Brush: Omega Proraso (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Alum (one cheek only), Nivea 2 Phase followed by Tabac AS.

This morning I decided on a relaxing shave with a new blade. Cannot go wrong with Tabac and created a lovely thick lather and 3 passes.

Cheers,

Brian

~SOTD~ Thursday 30th November

Prep ~ shower - Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade ~ Ever-Ready Corrux, freshly prepared
Brush ~ Anbbas Boar
Soap ~ Barrister and Mann ~ Leviathan
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Christian Dior ~ Oud Ispahan EDP

With good prep and all of the above a great shave was inevitable, left BB smooth and very happy with my choice of kit for this morning.
A spray of Oud Ispahan finnished off a perfect shave P.

Wishing you all a great day and to all of you North of the border a happy St Andrews day P.

Last edited:
SOTD: 30th November 2017.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Cien~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega 10077.

Face Lather.

Cream: Derby Lavender .

Blade: Shark~ Super Stainless. (2)

Razor: Merkur R89.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/ Aloe Vera Gel.

Herbs Of Bulgaria~Lavender Aftershave.

Greetings,

Each shave i've had over the past week have been enjoyable, but todays shave was exceptional.

A effortless 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

For me personally the Shark blades are a great non-aggressive blade, that have paired up well with each razor i've match them with, especially with my more aggressive razors.

Finishing the shave off with a very generous splash of Herbs of Bulgaria Aftershave.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.

Yup, I'm the same with the Fa Tip Piccolo, Slim Adjustable, Gillette Old and New and my SS Red Tip.

I hadn't used a Derby blade in a long time. Not that I don't rate them, I usually use Astra SP.'s.
I've never had any problems with Derby's myself to date
My shave worked out fine, without mishap or irritation
I think the Vitos soap played the leading role in my shave.

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Gillette Rocket HD
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (1)
TTFFC Let It Go
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & 4711 Ice Cool Cologne

I can see where the soap got its name from, bloody heck its a face freezer! Peppermint and Rosemary but for me it is pure peppermint. Not dissimilar to P&B Denali, performance not as good in my opinion. A very weakish lather, needed a ton of water to get anything going, to be expected with a mentholated soap. I will try it again with a boar brush. To my surprise the blade was half decent, got a good enough shave considering historically I hate these blades. A nice shave all in all. Looking forward to tomorrows and the return of the Christmas tree...