SOTD : Saturday 25 June - Friday 1 July. 2022.

SOTD : 25th June 2022.

forest fresh 1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap + bloom water.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Shaving Cream.
Blade: Mers Super-shave X. (D1)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Superdrug Forest Fresh
ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

(Face & Head Shave.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...Its been a while since i last used the Parker 55SL Semi-Slant of which i will be using with all my SOTD's for this week to re-acquaint myself to it.

The Chinese made Mers SuperShave X i haven't used in some time, another blade that isn't the most aggressive, but very smooth for me and pairs together perfectly with the Parker 55SL Semi-Slant making a smooth efficient duo.

The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe shaving cream never fails to provided me with a smooth protective slick lather in no time leaving a superb post shave feel.

A enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

25/06/22
Pre - Pears Transparent Face Wash
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo Silvertip
Soap - Simpson Unscented Cream
Razor - 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Blade - @Ulrik
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - JPG Le Male'
P6250018.JPG
A very nice bit of early morning sink time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

DA5925F6-5124-4A0A-8227-6417CD7508E7.jpeg
SOTD: 25/06/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A superb shave from my fabulous Masamune, I could happily use this all the time and always get a great close shave. Today was no exception with the MSC providing my best lather in a long time, (no doubt helped by the fact it’s the weekend and had more time). I’m going to enjoy my 3 days with the Masamune!
Enjoy the weekend guys.

Today's shave:

rdt22062553jgm.jpg

- Summer Break Recess
- Mühle Hexagon Silvertip
- Mühle Hexagon with Feather blade
- Proraso green aftershave

:)

SOTD 25-June
20220606_102030.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: M&M Granuaile
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Feather HS (1)

Decent shave this morning, caught myself going ATG, minor and stopped almost immediately, obviously a little more care than I initially thought was needed.

Excellent finish, I'm a little underwhelmed by the solid cologne though. I've had a few in the past from different brands and almost all have been brilliant (I'm thinking spitfire mainly), but there's just not that much scent for my liking on this. It'll do, but I won't be getting another.

Right, off to Llandudno and the post office, followed by a massive headache when I take the little one to a soft play area...why on earth do I do these things to myself!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Cheers

Marc

Sotd 25.06

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: extro cosmesi caffe
Splash: extro cosmesi caffe
Balm: arko unscented
Alum bloc
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: karve stainless OC-D
Blade: Gillette nacet 1st use
Bowl: wet the face

Morning folks had a great shave this morning first use of a soap from extro cosmesi and yeah really nice soap gave a really nice lather and the scent was nice not a strong scent but I do get Coffee and also a nutty scent the splash had a really nice scent a little stronger than the soap
Also used the karve and paired with the nacet blade a perfect combo.
Have a great weekend
20220625_090653.jpg20220625_090709.jpg20220625_091116.jpg

Saturday 25th June

Omega 10108 Boar - Cyril R. Salter (Tallow) - Yaqi Tile/Gillette Super Thin - Hai Karate AS

I haven't used the Tile much but the shave was great. Very similar to the Henson in use. The Hai Karate is a 'blast from the past' and a few squirts of Bowling Green were used to return the situation to normality!

3 passes for an excellent finish....although I could have stopped at 2 :)

Saturday

I picked up the Stirling brush as this looked like a bit of a green shave and I always like the SoTD pics when you guys coordinate colours and composer your pics. I'm not really that 'arty', so I whack mine on the side and snap.

I broke out the once NOS Tech that's still looks as immaculate as when I unwrapped it. I suppose I get some satisfaction that despite it being over 70 years old I have been the first user.
Nacet is superb in the Tech and I'm still BBS a few hours later.

I also still smell nice with Brut being quite fresh.
Have a good weekend
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20220625_003330__01.jpg
    IMG_20220625_003330__01.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom