SOTD : Saturday 24th - Friday 30th November 2018.

28 November

PreShave: Warm water
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra Platinum (4)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: None (work day)

My conundrum over the blade continues. I got four great shaves out of the Astra, and the last was just as good as the number eight with the Feather (the previous blade). So per shave, they're a much better deal.

On the other hand, there is something about being a bit extravagant and using a great blade every once and a while.

28 November

Proraso white sensitive
Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
MÜHLE Rocca R96
Personna med prep
Proraso white sensitive asb
Chanel Bleu

Really busy day today, hence late posting of morning shave. Getting up late was no help, l only had time for a one pass shave, but what a pass! The Rocca is the right razor for a careful, damn fine, one pass shave, and the Yaqi brush helped a lot with a quick, fuss free, face lather.

Wed 28th Nov
Jayaruh No 67
P & B Citra Royale
ATT SE-G, modified plate
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Alcolado Glacial A/S Splash

Another outing with the ATT SE-G , which with a modified bottom plate now delivers a Shave. I still find it to be very mild, but at least I can attain a reasonably close all round Shave. It provides no competition for my favourite Vintage SE Razors, and perhaps would suit those with less beard growth than mine. Rather a shame because I quite like its weight and manoeuvrability.

Sotd - Wednesday 28th of November -

Razor - Cobra Classic
blade - Schick Proline (lost count)
soap - Stirling Nag Champa tallow
brush - Semogue 1305 boar
post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos Tabacco
balm - none.

Result - great - six days growth coming off -

First sotd post for a while - I got sick three weeks ago - and it has taken a while to get back on an even keel. I was shaving but didn't feel much like writing about it. Another nice candle light shave tonight - crepuscular - if you prefer - the light in the den is still not fixed - it can stay that way for all I care - I am quite happy to use electricity but have no idea how it works. I'm not touching it. A reasonable growth to take off - hence the Cobra. This Stirling soap is my new favourite thing - I get on with it extremely well. Picked up from @Reevers on bst recently - thanks M. The scent is wonderful - it transports me instantly back to my dissolute youth - bedrooms thick with incense - perhaps a little Gong for mood music - young ladies that smelled exotically of patchouli oil. Happy days. Sorry - back in the room. No need for a balm - skin perfectly happy without one. Enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

Oh - what's with the cute puppy? Meet Hamish - the most recent addition to my sister and brother in law's smallholding in the Borders of Scotland. He arrived this morning from the farm where he was born and weaned - a couple of miles up the road - both parents working dogs - of an prize winning lineage. As well as a pet - Hamish is destined to be trained up to be a search and rescue dog for the local mountain rescue team - my brother in law is a member - takes about two years on average - depending on the aptitude of the individual dog. I think he looks a bit freaked - but you would? At least he has his first stick.

I'm glad you like the soap Brian.