SOTD : Saturday 24th April to Friday 30th April 2021.

Pre : warm water
Brush : Omega Hi-Brush 0146711
Soap : Taconic shaving cream Bay Rum
Razor : Parker adjustable injector
Blade : Schick ProLine B-20
After shave : The Good Fellas' Smile Stardust

The Taconic Bay Rum is a sample I got from Super Safety razors when I bought the Parker.
It's a very nice cream, considering to buy some more

Friday AM 2021-04-30
Louisiana Purchase on this date, 1803
NWMFVwX.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/WRH2
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (4)
Ginger's Garden Springtime in Paris aftershave

SG4QWmc.jpg

SoTd
Dovo masters today seems to be losing its keen edge so have taken it back to the paste to see if that improves things a little..in no way in a rush to take this one to the finisher absolutely love this razor and really don’t want to mess it up..maybe further down the line when I’ve had more practice and developed more confidence ! Dusy Kabinett professional was the soap of choice..finished off with the SV pro victis not the closest shave but far from a bad one
9BE25B2C-F18F-44C1-9193-D75B0B0321FC.jpeg

Friday 30th April

ACtC-3dwA9Xejyo0OK39yenV5X83U4M8aOKyxKWXNGRsHi1Mj1SWn_zQvKyU-MV_OYQxLs-NZwI1UIAnfVpIfRtic4UL7A8VuMFgCky9OvJK_A4-b1vYIAPg4D4fOsUFC88J_OmyezaFzTYY9VdO4l07jqrp0w=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Meissner Tremonia 'Natural Brown' Bitter Almond & Texas Cedar
DSC w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Yaqi Katana DLC w/Star Bakelite Handle
7AM Plus Hi-Platinum (2)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

After being very impressed indeed with this 7AM Plus Hi-Platinum blade, todays shave was a good enough repeat ... if a little less smooth and a little less sharp. It's a blade I really like, being less fierce that the Lancet Sharp Edge Super Platinum from the off, but not lasting quite as long with that initial performance.

I'd be very happy indeed to use this blade again, as I would the Lancet Sharp Edge Super Platinum that I used a blade or two ago. Both have characters that stand them out, especially when compared against, say, the Gillette Winner Special Platinum but neither are as consistent or balanced as the Gillette.

From this little bunch of Subcontinent Super Platinums I've used recently, the scores are:

Gillette Winner Special Platinum - 9
Lancet Sharp Edge Super Platinum - 8.9
7AM Plus Super Platinum - 8.7
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (Black) - 8.5
SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum - 8.5
Zorrik Super Platinum (Latest Version) - 7.8
EuroMax Platinum - 7
Lancet Advance Plus Super Platinum - 6.9
Centwin Super Platinum - 6.5
Topaz Platinum - 6

Loads of fun!

... and to think, I went into this lot with the general impression that I don't like platinum blades and have come out with certainly the top 5 on that list that I'd happily keep in stock and consider all to have very different characteristics.

For the end of this week I present you with the shave themed 'Shave is short'

IMG_20210430_181032.jpg

Short supply - Stainless Colonial General V2
Short changed - Feather Super Professional
Short skirts - Wee whisky barrel
Short pants - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime soap
Short and curlies - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime EDC

Probably my favourite collection of shaving gear for when I want one of those 'In out, shake it all about' visits to the bathroom for time other than having a piss.

And what a jolly great shave it was. A bit like a Pot Noodle. Add water and job done, except you can't eat this one. On second thoughts, much the same as the Pot Noodle then.

Okay Mr Satin Friendly you've said enough. Now move along you boring fart

So yes, shave is short. But to see you in to the weekend I shall wish you all a safe and great time with your families, friends and anyone else and leave you with those Beaver girls and 'Love is short'

And I love you all :love::love::love:

30/04/2021

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: RR 400 Noir
Soap: Signature Soaps Vectis
ASL: Signature Soaps Vectis
ASB: None
View attachment 69057

A lovely scent and a great performing soap/splash combo. The natural feel of this soap on my face was much more pleasant than the A&E soap.
That’s kind of you say that Chris. Regards Brian

Razor: Frankentech
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: EJ STF
Soap: Signature Soaps Capra

IMG_1367.jpg

I find it hard not to use the Capra at the moment. It's just so good. I also really love this razor...and with the Capra, it's like a match made it heaven. Any time I've shaved with this combo I've gotten a more or less BBS shave without much effort at all, as well as feeling great afterward.
I could shave like this every day. I probably won't though ;-)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom