SOTD : Saturday 23rd April - Friday 29th April 2022.

LJb5xSv.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Green Freeze Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Amouage Epic Man

The tallow base Maurer and Wirtz used until recently for both Tabac and Sir Irisch Moos is legendary. Sadly now gone (as is Sir Irisch Moos soap); those that retain stocks will be rewarded by many years of excellent performance.
I like the scent of Tabac; I really like the scent of Sir Irisch Moos.
The Wolfman WR1 paired with the vintage P74 blade is a match made in heaven. A very smooth and extremely close shave, and a wonderful post shave from the soap.

Thu 28 SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush
Yaqi 24mm Red Marble - Free New 1st Use
Razor Karve Brass SB-F
Blade Persona X Series 1st Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + RazoRock XXX Splash
This is an ever-reliable soap! Pleasant light scent but a thick creamy and very slick lather...nice!!!
1st use of the mysteree-X blades paired with the excellent razor was interesting! Did not feel as smooth but wow it was efficient! 3passes for a bbs/dfs finish without any issues. Perhaps will be better on 2nd use. The aftershaves were nice...
20220428_105029.jpg

SOTD : 28th April 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Face Lather.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck? !"Orange Sunrise Shaving Soap.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D4)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

An enjoyable shave to finish my shaving week off in style.

Last outing of the Feather Hi Stainless which has performed wonderfully throughout the week with no blood-loss drama.

My first few shaving experiences with the Feather Hi Stainless where uncomfortable which was down to my lack of shaving experience technique & shaving confidence which had nothing to do with the blade itself.

I was stupidly naive at the time in believing the daunting exaggerated mythological fearsome reputation reviews on them which planted a seed of hesitation in my mind before my first maiden shave with them.

After my two week focus with the Feather Hi Stainless my personal opinion is i cannot deny the maiden head shave at the weekend paired together with the R41 was phenomenally smooth, comfortable, very efficient and was one of the best DE razor face & head shaves that i've had to date...Adding to that the R41/Feather is now is my new found favourite most smooth efficient duo for DE razor head shaving.

My only small crit with them is i was only get 2-3 max good shaves from them after that they quickly lost their smoothness, ok i take into account that head shaving reduces a blade edge & smoothness much quicker when head shaving, that said, i now look forward to using up the remaining 2O+ blades that i have left in future shave that have been gathering dust for such a long time.

As always, this is just my personal opinion and like every other wet shaving soft & hardware, reviews/opinions are very subjective especially DE blades which have to be the most subjective topic within the traditional wet shaving forums....YMMV.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

28/04/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1
Soap - Tabac
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tabac
A/S - Tabac EDT
Wk17  (6).JPG
Not a lot to go after yesterdays wonderfully close, comfortable shave, straight in today ATG with some touch up mainly on the whirlpools.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Wednesday 28th April

Soap • Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Rockwell 6C R3
Blade • Schick Plus Platinum (8)
Post • Vintage Shulton Old Spice Aftershave

This SV Soap is good enough to be forgiven it's woeful lack of scent, which is somewhat disappointing. It has all prerequisite qualities otherwise.
Schick Plus Platinum blade is smooth and cutting well eight shaves in.
Finished with Shulton Old Spice from decades ago. Still smelling as good as the day it was bottled.

28 April

Signature Soaps Leodis
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Leodis splash

F896E77C-7438-46B6-8D52-B2A235491FED.jpeg
The brush and soap created a wonderful fragrant lather, with ease. The Signature brush is rather more symmetrical than it looks in the picture. (A trick of the lens). The Blackbird only required two passes for a clean result, and was smooth and comfortable with the Treet blade throughout. A superb shave in every way.

Back
Top Bottom